April Fools’ Day

I know it’s still a fair bit away, but there are certain shows that have pulled off certain pranks/jokes on April Fools Day in years past.

From what I can remember -

2004: Sunrise co-host David Koch grew some fake hair and a moustache.
2008: Mel and Nat swapped roles, as did Kochie and Mark Beretta. So this meant Sunrise was co-hosted by Mark and Nat, Mel read the news and Kochie did sport.

What I think Sunrise should do in 2020 -

• Swap out the weekday team for the weekend team (this year it falls on a Wednesday), though city reporters/correspondents will remain.
  • Seven should also swap the presenting teams of The Morning Show and The Daily Edition for that day.

Nine could also do likewise with their Today/Weekend Today teams.

4 Likes

The ABC could show some ad’s!
(Fake ones, of course, in the guise of going commercial).

2 Likes

My favourite was in 2001 when Triple J’s Breakfast hosts Adam Spencer and Wil Anderson swapped roles with Network Ten’s Cheez TV hosts (Ryan and Jade) for the morning.

3 Likes

April Fools’ Day in 2001 fell on a Sunday. I doubt Cheez TV would’ve been shown that morning, unless there was also a weekend edition.

From the information I can find, Ten (but not regional NSW/ACT affiliates, who opted out for religious programming) was airing something under the banner of “The Big Cheez” on Sunday mornings in 2001. Would this count as a Sunday morning version of Cheez TV?

1 Like

It’s February.

6 Likes