Amazon Prime

according to various streaming and tech sites, amazon prime is getting a new UI

also according to just watch , Amazon’s Prime Video service, which boasts a 21 per cent market share. so 2nd to netflix

1 Like

Loving the new interface. Landed on my tv today. So much better and cleaner than the old version. A long awaited but excellent upgrade.

3 Likes

Aussie actress Markella Kavenagh (Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Gloaming) is on the cover of Sunday Life magazine inside SMH and The Age today. She plays Elanor “Nori” Brandyfoot in the upcoming Amazon series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

UPDATE 17/8: Amazon Prime has announced the first two episodes of The Rings of Power will premiere in Australia on Friday, September 2, at 11am AEST. Subsequent episode will launch at 2pm AEST Fridays from September 9.

Includes Australia

The link to the Australian cinema locations taking part in the one-off screening on August 31 will be available at 2am AEST tomorrow (Tuesday) at this website

EDIT: all tickets to the Australian screenings have been allocated. The Australian cinemas that will screen the episodes are:

Melbourne - Village Cinemas (Crown Entertainment Complex)
Sydney - Event Cinemas (George Street and Bondi Junction)
Brisbane - Event Cinemas (Myer Centre and Indooroopilly)
Adelaide - Event Cinemas (Marion)
Perth - Event Cinemas (Innaloo)

EDIT 24/8: Amazon has released the official trailer

Friday 16 September

1 Like

Season 3 of Luxe Listings Sydney premiering on September 30.

1 Like

Potential review bombing of Rings of Power on some websites.

Always suspicious when any show gets large numbers of 1 star ratings. .

Like with RT, most viewers gave the show either the best possible score (10) or the worst possible score (1) — the latter suggesting there’s at least some degree of outrage blasting going on.

Meanwhile

https://news.yahoo.com/apos-lord-rings-rings-power-003556232.html

The cast of The Rings of Power later released a statement (via the show’s social media accounts) to condemn the racism the castmates of colour have been subjected to.

Amazon’s TNF games will be simulcast on local TV stations usually a Fox or NBC affiliate

1 Like

Does anyone think the annual pricing will go up with inflation it is still $4.92 a month …

Interesting that Everyday Extra with Woolworths is priced at exactly the same

Are you talking about the price in the US?

No. In Australia it is $59 a year for a Prime subscription and that includes shipping, the streaming service etc. $59 a year divided by 12 is where I got $4.92.

There is a monthly price though isn’t there? That’s what I pay.

1 Like

I didn’t even know they had a yearly option. I shoud be doing this.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s on the Amazon.com.au website

1 Like

Not a good look for Amazon

3 Likes