AM and FM DX

That would most likely be SKY Sports Radio from Goulburn NSW.

I am getting that here near Newcastle right now too!

Negative. Now on normal programming and it’s defiantly News Radio.

1 Like

That would probably be 7ABCRN Lileah (Wills Hill).

4 Likes

On a day trip down to Wollongong today, and at Flagstaff Hill near City Beach, the car radio received weak ABC signals from Middle Brother (95.5, 96.3, 97.1 and 98.7).

Will be heading to Billy’s Lookout (just north of Gerringong) this afternoon, I’ll be interested to see what I get there

Inland tropo at present into NW Sydney,
On the car radio in Rouse Hill getting ABC Classic Fm from Mt Dowe on 96.7. Other then that Central West National fm stations. All very weak.

2 Likes

I’m glad that they’ve finally named that spot in my honour! The great thing about this spot is that it’s omnidirectional (north and south coasts) whilst anything to the west is blocked by Saddleback Mountain and its offshoots.

Re. inland tropo, 91.7 Tamworth and 96.7 Mount Dowe were well received from my suburb early this morning on the car radio .

1 Like

Speaking of “your” lookout (congratulations by the way :smile: DXing has at last created a legacy :wink: ).

Main catches for me were 100.7 Triple M and 102.3 Hit from Port Macquarie. And with RDS. Though the 100.7 RDS today showed “Triple M” and not “MMM MNC” like it usually does. I will have to check on that again when I get back to Newcastle.

Faint 105.5 2EC from Eden, but no Bega ABCs surprisingly.

It was VERY humid when I was there. Quite a few other people there too.

1 Like

That proves that there’s no cool breeze to be had anywhere along the coast of NSW at the moment! It can get very brass monkey if there’s a southerly blowing.

Port Mac is usually about up there during tropo conditions; I once had TAB overriding 2BAB on the Kiama Bends (the windy section north of the lookout).

1 Like

One of the 2MC FM sites has Triple M for RDS name and the other MMM MNC, it was displaying that the week before Australia Day. Southern signal MMM MNC, northern end ‘Triple M’.

They’re stupid names. With all the long distance signals that were received that day, wondered if it was a metro MMM but another of the “McDonald’s rollout” rebrands.

1 Like

Some late night / early morning ducting into NW Sydney. For the first time on my Hifi setup I received News Radio on 91.5mhz from Mt Ulandrs. Triple J on 90.7 could not be received due to the splatter of Alive 90.5.
Canberra Nationals all in, Hit 104.7 under splatter of Triple M.
Mix 106.3 received on 106.25 to overcome splatter from KIIS.

2 Likes

Noted this morning VINTAGE FM on 88.7MHz from Razorback (Camden), NSW.
When did this LPON return to the airwaves on this freq?
Think I last had this LPON from this site when it was Cool Country FM some years ago.
I usually receive 2MWM Warringah on 88.7MHz.

Vintage FM lists their freq/service areas here:

http://www.abc.net.au/reception/ has this to say:

Major Planned Works and Known Faults

Last Updated: 29 January 2018

Widespread Interference in Eastern NSW, ACT, Victoria & Tasmania

We are receiveing widespread reports of reception difficulties across Eastern NSW, ACT, parts of Victoria and Tasmania, which appears to be caused by abnormally high atmospheric ducting. Atmospheric ducting is a problem in Australia, especially in the summer months. The conditions around this time of year cause long distance propagation of signals in bands that would normally be limited to line of sight. In short, signals not meant for your location can travel too far and interfere with signals at your location. This may affect just one or multiple frequencies. Fortunately the effects are temporary and will pass as atmospheric conditions improve.

2 Likes

ESKIP ALERT…

Eskip into NW Sydney at present receiving ABC Classic Fm 93.9 Hobart and Hit 100.9 Hobart. and others I have not identified.

2 Likes

I got those too at my home near Campbelltown. I’m also receiving 91.7 ABC Northern Tasmania from Launceston.

EDIT: Now I’m getting ABC Newsradio & Classic FM from Hamilton VIC.

2 Likes

96.3 97.1 96.5, 95.3 all coming into Melbourne.

Unknown origin, received on a Radio Scanner.

1 Like

I’m now getting Bay 93.9 from Geelong! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was there an ad about a Fruit Market?

If so, confirmed as Bay 93.9.

Meanwhile, not receiving anything unusual on the SDR.

Geelong into SW Sydney - that’s a very short skip. Good grab!

I had Hobart earlier, got an RDS lock on Hit 100.9 and ABC Classic from Warwick being interfered with on 101.7. I even had something messing with ABC Gold Coast on 91.7 which I can only assume might have been 7NT Launceston, but it wasn’t strong enough to tell

2 Likes

I heard an ad that mentioned Geelong, which is more than enough proof for me. :slight_smile:

A moment ago, I was also receiving Mixx FM from Lorne on 92.7.

3 Likes

Short opening to Gippsland by the looks of it now.