AM and FM DX

Receiving both 9 News Melbourne on 89.9 and 9 News Adelaide on 107.9 simulcasts :grinning:

3 Likes

If only there was Analog video to go with it!

2 Likes

Meanwhile, some RFI coming in from somewhere but 90.9 is coming in. Unknown where it’s from as it does not sound like SBS.

90.9 Is now a mix of NSW and JJJ Mt Barrow!!

90.9 Seems to be fluctuating a lot now with Flow FM even being mentioned.

2 Likes

Currently getting Sunraysia hit 99.5 at Buderim

4 Likes

Triple j Adelaide also being received

3 Likes

Yep Fresh FM is coming straight over the top of Mix FM Sunshine Coast on my commute home tonighr

3 Likes

I think I’ve had about half of South Australia coming in on the FM dial in the last couple of hours. Adelaide and Adelaide Foothills have all been heard, with RDS reception on all. Fresh FM (with RDS) was smashing Mix FM Sunny Coast, and 91.9 has been a three-way struggle between Nova Adelaide, Hit Bendigo and Sea FM Sunny Coast

Also heard Magic 105.9 from the Spencer Gulf, Flow FM on 99.5 (Kapunda I believe, with RDS) fighting with Hit Mildura, and Magic 93.1 Riverland. 5KIX from Kangaroo Island also made an appearance, another first reception for me

2 Likes

Some great catches there. Magic 105.9 another station mysteriously missing from ACMA spreadsheet. Other stations received today that aren’t on the list Power FM 98.7, Nova 99.1 Adelaide F’hills.

1 Like

Here’s another good website I use, it replaces the splench map that used the ACMA DB.

maprad.io

I just do an advanced search and put the frequencies in and it plots it onto a map…

But that 90.9 catch was weird, might be Maitland but I yielded no results for Flow Maitland on 90.9 but only got Apollo Bay.

Does Flow FM have one feed for the SE?

I did hear an ad for something up Coffs Harbour way so i’m kinda thinking that it was flow from NSW.

Thanks for that link. Flow doesn’t cover that far north into NSW (at least not along the coast). I was on the Gold Coast receiving signals from Central Victoria this afternoon - was there a chance it could have been Sea FM?

I received Flow FM Maitland in South Australia on 90.9 today, however there is also Flow FM at Beech Forrest SW of Melbourne also on 90.9.

3 Likes

Heard clearly in Logan Central this afternoon 102.3 from Adelaide . Was still be able to be heard( just) after 7 o’ clock before it disappeared. Also heard was 102.7 RN from Mackay.

2 Likes

90,9 Maitland on Maprad.io came up okay for me.

You could always telephone Wayne Phillips and ask re feeds.

1 Like

Hi ‘Sydney’,

I was driving a couple of different Subaru’s some weeks ago.
One of the top-of-the-line SUV models has a very FM sensitive tuner in it that also resolves RDS remarkably well.

I happened to have received Townsville FM here as well late arvo. 105.5 & 106.3MHz.
Well done.

Did you get RDS on 106.3?

Last summer, I received 100.7, 102.3, 103.1 and 106.3, but RDS was only on the first three stations.

Was some pretty good Tropo around yesterday here in Brisbane, the strongest I got was 4TO Townsville on 102.3. Was also some other stations fighting each other but I didn’t take note of them due to been busy working 144MHz Single Side band to Victoria.

I tried for RDS on received skip stations but not strong enough unfortunately :frowning:
Usually the higher in frequency the skip gets the weaker the higher freq stations & briefer the reception.

FM DX: On 16/1/2018 from late arvo to early evening I received:
Some Mackay, Townsville, 90.7 & 95.5 Emerald, Spencer Gulf ABCers + 5AUU, 91.5 5PNN Tumby Bay, brief weak Bendigo & finishing with Broken Hill ABCers, with presumed brief breakthrough of 96.5 2HIL over Wave FM.

1 Like

Try for New Caledonia now on FM:
Many outlets should have RDS if very to be strong enough.

89.0, 90.0 etc

1 Like

Has been coming into Brisbane for a few hours now virtually continuously with a few deep fades

This is 89.0 and 91.5 at +20 and +30 on the S Meter

3 Likes

Noice :grinning::grinning:

Looks better than SDR# too.

1 Like