AM and FM DX

Big opening to West Vic into SEQ at the moment - lost Breeze, Gold and River!

3BO

2 Likes

Currently getting Adelaide FM stations in Sydney! :slight_smile:

Also getting FM stations from Murray Bridge & Port Lincoln, with Magic 89.9 coming in over Windsor TCBL on the same frequency.

UPDATE: I am now getting Flow FM on 106.1 from Ceduna!! More remarkably, I’m getting RN from Ceduna over 2GO on 107.7! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

That’s good that MMM BGO has cricket score updates on their RDS.
KOFM here in Newcastle doesn’t have that.

Very low level reception (just above noise fluctuating to audible) of hit 105.5 and MMM 106.3 Coffs Harbour in Brisbane.

3 Likes

I had some tropo about this evening but it was hard to pinpoint. Also had some Es in briefly just before/on sunset, mainly Hobart (92.9 and 93.9) and a bit of Melbourne (IDd Smooth 91.5 and grabbed an RDS lock on SBS 93.1), but it would have lasted 10 minutes tops

2 Likes

Triple M Mackay 98.7 into Brisbane since last night - but potentially able to be received further south (potentially Newcastle / Sydney) according to propagation map.

Monitoring 102.3 for 4TO - but receiving JJJ fro Mt Cenn Chuaich instead.

1 Like

Did end up picking up 4TO but it was from Bowen 98.3 :slight_smile:

Gladstone tonight on 93.5 and 95.1

2 Likes

Was Bowen via Es or tropo? If the latter- that’s quite notable reception. Another possibility is 4TO from that wonderful place known as Ayr (92.3 MHz). There’s also a (S)Hit repeater on 93.1, but difficult because of Bundaberg. Kix Pialba would also cause plenty of grief on 92.3.

1 Like

As far as I could tell it was an extension of the troppo event that was occurring to Mackay. I confirmed the station matched 4TO on line at the time .

1 Like

Well done- 4TO Bowen is quite difficult to receive even via Es. Any sign of 4GEM- Bowen’s community station- on 95.1?

1 Like

No - nothing on 95.1.

Some tropo coming in from Port Macquarie through to Wollongong into Newcastle tonight.

Sydney is particularly strong, so much so that WSFM is “out splattering” JJJ Newcastle on 101.9 on some of my radios, whereas in normal conditions there is only minor JJJ splatter on that frequency, which can be nulled out.

2 Likes

Should peak tomorrow morning…with some luck.

1 Like

It’s faded a bit in the last hour though.

Another wasted 15 minutes trying to ID a station that turns out to be missing from the current ACMA database 103.1 Grafton IDing as “Loving Life 103.1”.

BTW the latest database has the digital radio repeaters added.

https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/TV-Radio/Television/Lists-of-broadcasters/list-of-licensed-broadcasting-transmitters

1 Like

Listed online - ACMA Register of Radiocommunications Licences (RRL)

I always check radcom for the latest info.

Also still missing from the ACMA list are 4KQ, 7HO and Hills Radio in Adelaide. Not sure how this is possible :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Funnily enough, receiving Hills FM tonight, along with other strong SA and Melbourne signals.

2 Likes

Major opening to South Australia at the moment with multiple overlapping stations.

2 Likes

Hi All - first time posting here.
Earlier this afternoon (4.30pm AEDT) I was listening to 102.3 4TO Townsville (with RDS), JJJ (Cairns 107.5 & Townsville 105.5) on my standard Subaru stereo whilst driving through the Blacktown area in Sydney. Very clear reception too.

5 Likes