AM and FM DX

Getting some techno music on 94.3 now, NSW community station?

Edit: Getting some music on 95.9, it’s coming in loud and clear.

Edit 2: Getting ABC Classical FM on 99.9, announser just done a time call in AEDT so might be coming from NSW/TAS??

94.3 could be hit Gippsland, depending on what the music was. 95.9 - hit Charters Towers?

1 Like

The music sounds like Hit music so i’m going to say it’s H!t CT.

94.3 Is Hit Gippsland, confirmed by a advertisement for the Victorian Government.

Edit: Just heard a ad for I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here and it mentioned Channel 10.

After that, I heard a ID for 101.9 Fox, and then I synced the audio to 101.9, so that might be a image coming thro on the Panasonic.

Northern Queensland stations booming into Sydney at the moment:

90.7 - Star FM Mackay (Airlie Beach repeater)
91.5 - The Range Toowoomba
92.3 - Kix Country Maryborough
93.1 - Sea FM Bundaberg
94.7 - Coral Coast Radio (Bundaberg)
95.5 - Racing (Bundaberg)
97.1 - Kix Country Bundaberg
97.9 - ABC Classic FM Mackay
101.5 - Triple M Rockhampton
102.7 - ABC Radio National Mackay
103.1 - ABC Radio National Rockhampton
104.3 - Alternating between ABC Radio National Central Tablelands and ABC NewsRadio Mackay
104.7 - Triple J Rockhampton

1 Like

I’m also getting 93.1 Sea FM & 94.7 Coral Coast Radio from Bundaberg, as well as Hitz 93.9 from there, coming in loud & clear. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’m also getting 106.7 Rebel FM from Childers! :smiley:

EDIT2: I’m getting 99.3 4JJJ from Wide Bay over 2NSB Chatswood, as well as 100.1 ABC Wide Bay & 100.9 RN. 98.5 2OOO from Sydney has some co-channel interference caused by 98.5 ABC Classic FM from Wide Bay. I’m now also getting the Sunshine Coast commercial FM stations, including Hot 91.1, 91.9 Sea FM & 92.7 Mix FM.

1 Like

I was out in the car a short while ago, and got THESE from Central/North QLD here in Newcastle:

Townsville
Power 100 (RDS)
4TO FM (RDS)
Hit 103.1 (RDS)
Star 106.3 (no RDS)

Rockhampton
ABC Classic FM 106.3
Triple J 104.7
News Radio 105.5
(couldn’t get 101.5 MMM or Hit107.9 - presumably due to semi locals in Great Lakes FM and Radio Dungog).

I have posted in the RDS thread pictures I got of the Townsville RDS (plus a new RDS log for Triple M 100.7 Port Macquarie).

1 Like

I can get their Gladstone services on 95.1 & 93.5 respectively right now. Heard an ID on the former that says “Gladstone’s 95.1 Triple M”.

1 Like

I seem to be getting Sporadic E/E-skip reception of Crow FM 90.7 (is this one supposed to be a community or a commercial station?), which I think broadcasts around the Burnett area of Queensland.

1 Like

I’m now getting River 94.9 from Ipswich over Power FM Nowra at my home near Campbelltown! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

That’s a community station, based in Wondai… call sign 4CSB

1 Like

The opening is working in reverse. Currently many Melbourne and Victorian stations into Brisbane. Also southern NSW (SKI-FM) including some low power relays of 2BS

2 Likes

Had not heard this station befoe - not in my ACMA list

97.5 Sapphire FM, Merimbula

http://sapphirefm.org/

I haven’t heard of that before either!?
Maybe it’s a TCBL?

Next time there’s a bit of tropo from the South Coast happening, I will try for that (could be a challenge partly because of 2HD on 97.5, but I have managed to snare KIX Queanbeyan before, and also the low power ABCs and 2SEA on 104.7 all from Eden)

1 Like

Thanks for that info! :slight_smile:

It’s gone now but I also got a bit of River 94.9 reception (like TV-Expert did) earlier, I think I may have even gotten some of their RDS at one point! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

More catches from Queensland received in Sydney:

89.5 - Triple J Nambour
90.3 - ABC Nambour
90.7 - Crow FM Wondai
91.1 - Hot Nambour (also a racing station fighting for the frequency)
91.5 - A mix of an oldies station and The Range Toowoomba
91.9 - Fresh FM Gladstone (and another un-id’ed station)
92.7 - Kix Country Rockhampton (only 20W)
93.1 - Sea FM Bundaberg
93.9 - Hitz Bundaberg
94.7 - Country music
94.7 - Hit Emerald
95.1 - Triple M Gladstone
95.5 - Mix of Breeze Chinchilla + Racing Bundaberg
97.1 - Rebel Chinchilla
100.1 - ABC Local Wide Bay (in null of 2HHH)
100.7 - Hot FM Toowoomba (in null of 2WOW)
101.1 - Triple M Gladstone (Mount Murchison repeater) (in null of 2LT)

Some of these are coming in almost as strong as the local stations.

3 Likes

Yeah we had some good stuff the other way too - didn’t notice Sydney FM unlike yesterday but could have been there. Did grab Canberra (with RDS for Mix 106.3), Albury, Wagga, Latrobe Valley (with RDS for 99.5 TRFM) and some Melbourne, Ballarat, Bendigo and Western Victoria. The latter two were strong enough to knock out or greatly interfere with the semi-locals here on the Sunny and Gold Coasts

A question though: what could be the pop station that I received on 93.5 that was fighting with 3BO when that was coming in? Couldn’t get an ID

2 Likes

It could be either Eagle FM Goulburn or Hit Dubbo.

1 Like

Goulburn would make sense, given the Canberra and SW Slopes reception I also had. If so, that’d be another first

Another possibility, from Birsbnae, I logged 3RPH on 93.5 from Warragul fighting with 3BO and playing a Vision FM program that had some music elements.

1 Like

Also received from Sunshine coast on 3 element Yagi:
TRFM
Light FM melbourne
SBS radio melbourne
Mixx FM

3 Likes