AM and FM DX

Getting clear Wollongong signals tonight - i98 coming in clearly over News Radio.

Illawarra ABCs also back to full strength.

Eskip happening right now, in Oatley visiting my mother and getting Zm 90.6 from Manwatu on the car stereo.

Now getting the Hits on 93.1 from the South Island of NZ from HHokitika

1 Like

An extraordinary opening to NZ in progress with every 100 kHz occupied; from both islands as well.

Which ones are the strongest?
90.6 Zm for me on the car radio in Oatley been going on now for 2 hour

Many, many frequencies at 3 bars. I’ve had some LPFM (1 watt) as well; UNID preacher on 107.0 (Star Queenstown)?, UNID rock music on 107.4, UNID John Mellancamp/U2 on 88.2.

At present still getting Zm on 90.6, also getting More Fm on 91.8 and Zm on 91.0 but much weaker.

Eskip from NZ really intensifying now with Auckland coming in quite strong, 91.8 More Fm the best and Concert Fm on 92.6. The Edge on 94.2 was booming in around 3:30pm on the drive home.

Could the Summer Solistice be enhancing the eskip as this opening has been going all day and is one of the best I have experienced.

Like @Ant5476 & @dxnerd, I have received the NZ FM stations today, mostly on my Tecsun. I was down in the Illawarra region when I received them, with 90.6 ZM from Palmerston North coming in the best.

Other NZ stations I’ve received in Shellharbour this afternoon at around 3-4pm AEDT include:

88.6 Mai FM - Auckland
89.4 Newstalk ZB - Auckland
90.2 The Rock - Auckland
91.5 The Sound - Hokitika/Greymouth
91.6 More FM - Northland
93.1 The Hits - Hokitika/Greymouth
93.4 The Breeze - Auckland

They’re mostly faint, but they were receivable. :slight_smile:

I managed to get a “West Coast Radio” ID out of 88.2; this originates from West Auckland. There were no other LPFM stations in at the time so you have to wonder if this one is overpowered.

From the list above I received the following at Stanhope Gardens, Oatley and driving in between

89.4 Newstalk ZB Auckland
90.6- Zm
91.0 - Zm Auckland just getting above News Radio Illawarra
91.5 The Sound, but I was also getting classic music mixing in could this be another Concert Fm frequency?
91.6 was the temp broadcasting service in
Sydney
91.8 More fm Aucklandr
92.6 Auckland
93.1 - The Hits
94.2- The Edge Auckland
For me the strongest today were 91.8, 92.6 and 94.2

The Eskip opening between NZ and AUS started around 10am and lasted to 4:30pm EDST

1 Like

The ABC stations on 96.7, 99.1, 99.9 and 100.7 from Mt Dowe are coming into Brisbane strongly this morning. So far also the TAB station on 95.9

1 Like

A bit of tropo about tonight.

Currently have faint Power 104.3 & 2EC 105.9 Batemans Bay receivable.

In the other direction, all 5 ABC Coffs Harbour stations are being received, notable given that my LOS to the north is heavily obstructed.

Another “first” …

Now receiving at home 2 x Triple M branded stations (100.7 in as well as the “original” 104.9).

And 2 x Hit branded stations (102.3 & the local 106.9). As SEA and 2DAY are primarily using their pre-existing IDs.

Same again this morning but this time Triple G is booming in on 97.5.

1 Like

Any sign of 98.3 NOW?

There was a very weak signal but couldn’t get an ID.

2MAX is coming in clearly though on 91.3.

1 Like

Just had MIX FM 88.9 from Hamilton Vic into Brisbane late tonight.

2 Likes

Tropo has been good again tonight around the Newcastle area.

Managed to get Power FM Nowra with RDS - which has been hard to achieve since where I am Rhema 94.9 is pretty good here, but I found a spot in my living room which nulls out Rhema enough to get a pretty clean Power FM signal, thus now with RDS. Prior to this any Power 94.9 reception was a bit noisy due to Rhema, thus no RDS.

Also in that same spot, I got a pretty clean Pulse 94.1 (over Today’s Country) but there was no RDS, which leads me to conclude that they don’t use it.

1 Like

On holidays in Albury Wodonga and did a day trip to Beechworth and some Dxing on the car stereo. Was able to pick Nova 100 on 100.3 on the southern facing hills. Only just audible. Happy New Year everyone and good Dxing!!

2 Likes