After The Verdict

One of the stars of the drama, Michelle Lim Davidson, was on the front cover of Sunday Life magazine yesterday.

Looks like a comedy in this advertising

1 Like

Even after watching the show I am no better off knowing what the aim of the show is. It is too silly to be a drama but not funny enough to be a comedy. It was an easy watch though thanks to the leads and will give it another go.

I did hear Magda Szubanski describe it as a dramedy in an interview.

1 Like

I missed it tonight. Was it a good or an average dramedy?

If can be done - like Rake on the ABC.

The first episode might seem a little slow. But it’s a very complex plot and scenario to set up. But it’s well worth sticking with the whole series. Excellent story and acting; really world class.

I wouldn’t class it as a dramedy though. Perhaps more along the lines of Only Murders in the Building - a murder mystery with some quirky likeable characters but it can quickly switch to very dramatic scenes as well.

1 Like

I caught an encore screening last night and I really enjoyed it. Graphic in parts due to the subject matter, mixed with quirky characters, each with their own foibles. I’m glad Ch9 changed the adverts before the first episode because seeing all the stuff in the butcher was a bit off putting. Looking forward to episode 2.

I gave up after about 20 minutes.

Truly terrible.

Interesting to see if Nine think the ratings etc justify another season of After The Verdict. May come down to overseas sales and talent availability. etc. 733k Total TV look “adequate” and the linear viewing held up almost 98% for episode 2 which is a good sign plus there were multiple encores across the week.

Hope it does for the sake of Australian drama on FTA, if nothing else.

1 Like

Just watched episode 1 on 9Now. Not too bad. I quite like the ensemble cast.

Anyone got any idea where this show is going?

No idea, I’m so lost and losing interest.

Michelle Davidson is not convincing and I find her hard to believe her in this role.

All I can see her as is Noelene from The Newsreader.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with a second season. Although I’m still trying to work out what is going on lol. Enjoying it though.

Is this week a double episode? The advert says something about ‘final episodes’ and initially I assumed it was this week and next week, but now I’m wondering if they’re going to do both this week to get it out of the way.

I have been watching this on catch up and I actually really like this show. Its nothing amazing but it is easy to watch and enjoyable.

1 Like

Halfway through the final episode tonight and I still have zero clue of what’s going on?!?

Not sure what I think about this series. I gave it a go but recorded the last three episodes so I could catch up. Watched the first one, skipped the second and watched the finale last night. Seems I didn’t miss all that much. Similar situation to Between Two Worlds a couple of years ago, where I persisted with it but it really went nowhere before it was not renewed for a second series.