AFL

What was the maximum standing room tickets inside Optus Stadium? I thought that the standing room tickets might exceed the limit

AFL Members GF tickets are on sale in order of membership.
Starts with Gold members from competing clubs, then Gold, then Silver club, then Silver.
Iā€™m assuming if youā€™re new, then youā€™re at the end of that list. Means the only way you get a ticket is if enough of those people arenā€™t willing to buy a ticket during their access time.
Iā€™m not sure if AFL Members has standing room, Iā€™m not an AFL member (live in Tassie, so buying a 40 game membership is excessive). Have friends and family who are though but Iā€™ve never heard them mention standing room.

1 Like

I think it depends on your level of membership and club support. Pretty sure thereā€™s a few standing bays, but Iā€™d assume youā€™d need to have nominated a competing club or be top level to get in.

1 Like
1 Like

Is this you @Sully

https://www.3aw.com.au/one-lonely-mcc-member-is-already-lined-up-outside-the-mcg/

4 Likes

Itā€™s this guy

1 Like

Lol

On the eve of preliminary finals, Virgin Australia has extended its sponsorship of the AFL for five more years. The new deal also includes the AFLW competition for the first time. To celebrate, a new mural featuring several current players was painted in the long corridor of the Virgin domestic terminal of Melbourne Airport.

3 Likes

All two preliminary finals are sold out.

1 Like

In 2001, the same thing happened, and Seven aired both home finals live in VIC and QLD.

1 Like

MCC with 1000-2000 spare seats tonight.

Disgraceful

1 Like

Sorry, couldnā€™t be stuffed going after a long day at work.

But seriously, many members are also unhappy about the number of visitors tickets, some say too many, others not enough and that only half the seats are prebooked whilst others Iā€™m sure would like to see reserved seating gone altogether.

1 Like

Sorry, guilty as charged, not there either. Giving my mother a big hug (sheā€™s a Pies fan!)

As a neutral fan I am shellshocked. Collingwood has beaten Richmond to reach next weekā€™s Grand Final! The final margin was 39 points. Attendance was 94,959 with couple of thousands of empty seats in the MCC Reserve. How could that happen?
The Pies were dominant for most of the match with Mason Cox kicking three goals in the first half (with his parents watching in the stands after flying from Texas), while the Tigers had their worst performance of the year. The win ended Richmondā€™s 22 game winning streak at the MCG, and also it was the first time since 1937 that the Pies beat their fierce rivals in a VFL/AFL final. It will be Nathan Buckleyā€™s first GF as coach after he captained the losing side in the 2002 and 2003 grand finals.
For the defending premiers, it was a missed opportunity to create a dynasty after being the best team during the home and away season, winning the minor premiership, and having an easy win over Hawthorn in the qualifying final.

5 Likes

Who meets Collingwood in the AFL Grand Final for next Saturday at the Melbourne Cricket Ground?

• West Coast Eagles
  • Melbourne

0 voters

ITā€™S COMING HOME
ITā€™S COMING HOME
ITā€™S COMING
FOOTBALLā€™S COMING HOME

Definitely thought Collingwood had the upper hand since the game started. Predict a Melbourne V Collingwood grand final next weekend. Just hope Melbourne wipe West Coast Eagles down a notch. :wink:

1 Like

Great word. As am I. As is everyone.

I was supporting Pies tonight though, didnā€™t want to see a Tigers ā€˜eraā€™ like Hawthorn.

Yeah. Richmond were in scintillating form this year following the fairytale Grand Final, but as of tonight the richmond tigers played soft and didnā€™t get up to scratch. This was the first time since 2015 that a minor premier failed to qualify to the afl grand Final. (Fremantle lost to Hawthorn by 29 points at Domain Stadium).

That said you may get lucky if the Eagles win tomorrow, as youā€™re unable to nominate West Coast as a club support on an AFL membership (given they have a waiting list for normal membership).