AFL

Too synthetic for me. What’s the point of changing them?

1 Like

Who has their favorite football team (any code) theme song on their phone or music player and listens to it regularly… even during the off season?

I do with my NRL team.

To improve the sound quality and to fix lyrical errors according to the AFL

We have the teams, we have the JLT, so what are your thoughts of the top 8 this year?

Mine:
GWS
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Geelong
Melbourne
Sydney
Gold Coast

• I am probably completely off with the Gold Coast but I feel something might be there this year.

My top 8:

Adelaide
Richmond
GWS
Geelong
Sydney
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide

Wooden spooners: Gold Coast.

1 Like

Still believe in your Hawks?

I do since our defense was ravaged with injuries last season, I hope we can make the finals at least with all of them back.

1 Like

Yeah that is true. I don’t think the Hawks have it in them but they did some positive things last season, especially towards the back end.

1 Like

2018 premiers: Adelaide
2018 Minor Premiers: Richmond
2018 Wooden spoon: North Melbourne
2018 Brownlow Medal: Taylor Walker (Adelaide)
2018 Coleman Medal: Josh Kennedy (West coast)
Headline of 2018: Talks Of a half-time Entertainment show at the AFL GF.

I wish tall forwards stood a chance.

Putting aside bias…

2018 premiers: Sydney
2018 Minor Premiers: Adelaide
2018 Wooden spoon: Fremantle
2018 Brownlow Medal: Marcus Bontempelli (Dogs)
2018 Coleman Medal: Tom Lynch (Gold Coast)
Headline of 2018: Coup at AFL HQ, game taken over by the journalistic troika of Barrett, Stevens, Wilson, Robinson, Ralph and Rucci (who is a token member to shut the SA people up).

TOP 8 (AFTER FINALS)
Sydney
Adelaide
Geelong
Richmond
Bulldogs
GWS
Port Adelaide
Melbourne

Sydney are the biggest sleeper, everyone’s talked about Geelong, Richmond, Essendon, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, GWS etc but the only reason why they were basically out of business was their start last year. They won’t be 0-6 this year and with 2 home finals, a deep midfield who can score, an organised defence who got stunned by Scott playing a trump card in the semi that nobody really expected in when it happened, and the best forward in the comp who can score from 70m in, they surely have to be close to favourites.

1 Like

I notice AFL score updates are now included on Google which is long overdue, but Google has got some of the venues wrong. For example, Gold Coast are playing North Melbourne in Cairns instead of Metricon Stadium while West Coast’s new home ground is Optus Stadium while Patersons Stadium (Subiaco) was closed at the end of last year.

Western Bulldogs has won silverware twice in three years, this afternoon claiming the AFLW premiership by beating the Brisbane Lions by six points at a wet Ikon Park. For the Lions it was back to back GF losses. For the Bulldogs, Monique Conti was named best on ground and Emma Kearney was named the winner of AAMI/Channel Seven Player of the Year award. Stand-in Ellie Blackburn invited suspended skipper Katie Brennan to the stage to accept the cup alongside their coach Paul Groves, in a similar gesture to the 2016 men’s GF when Luke Beveridge called injured captain Bob Murphy to the stage to be presented with the cup with Easton Wood.

AFL Supporters
Fremantle: Scherri Lee Biggs (She got her new membership in 2018).

Also: Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda), Ryan Girdler (probably GWS Giants), Beau Ryan (not sure if Gold Coast Suns).

I can never stand watching games that involve West Coast at home. Their supporters are seriously the worst when it comes to booing. Why on earth do they boo Buddy Franklin? Because he scored 8 goals? They should consider themselves privileged to watch him kick 8 goals. And then booing because the umpire called a clear high tackle. I know every club has supporters who boo, something I am so against, but boy I think West Coast supporters take it to another level.

You look at sports like Tennis and booing would get you kicked out.

do we have to go through this all again, after the last drama with Adam Goodes. Look at Formula 1, the spectators boo all types of skin colour - from Lewis Hamilton on the podium today at Albert Park to Sebastian Vettel when he completely dominated the championship as a result they booed him. For basically being too good compare to anyone else.

1 Like

I am allowed to say I don’t like it. Appreciate the player don’t boo them. West Coast supporters have continually done it. As you just mentioned with Adam Goodes. Time to look at themselves and see if they need to change the perspective on certain issues.

I didn’t watch the F1. Can’t say I know what you are talking about. But aren’t they all in cars? Bit hard to boo based on skin colour if you can’t see them.

the spectators boo them when the spectators are allowed to go onto the track - start and finish line straight, so that they can boo the driver when their names gets called out by the announcer. While the respected driver is on the podium. F1 fans don’t like dominance - as they prefer an even field. I reckon Dan Ricciardo is the exemption, if he ever becomes dominant, he is one of the most likeables in the current entire Formula 1 field of drivers.

Well i dont watch F1. But I don’t like booing of any kind. Its something that has never made sense to me. Why boo someone because they are good and dominate? What would you want them to do? Give up the sport to give someone else a go? If you are going to boo anyone boo your team for not having a decent enough defensive structure.

Ablett got a few boos from Melbourne supporters today, don’t really get it. Jeer a poor disposal sure but not much need to boo a player just for getting a kick.

If there’s been an incident against a player on your team, sure not the incident, maybe the next play that player’s involved in then move on. Same with a crappy umpiring decision.

1 Like