AFL

Essendon are just kicking themselves out of this one. They probably should be ahead.

1 Like

Things getting nasty online :crazy_face:

https://x.com/TigerTom24/status/1796665120195858904?t=sA7MeYUqAH9eKbLMjohJMw&s=19

Some other zingers:

:notes: “Carlton’s outta the 8” :notes: (a week later… whoops!)

“nOrF”

Kingy rn: Fremantle are bad to watch

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:anchor: :white_circle::purple_circle:

2 Likes

Rogers will take up the new job on September 1.

4 Likes

Well I was all set to go to Friday Night’s game between the Dogs and Brisbane…then the local league rescheduled our clubs reserves game to Friday Night at pretty short notice. It’s bad enough that I’m still recovering from umpiring Under 16 girls and Women’s games last Friday Night then playing both reserves and seniors on the Saturday…

2 Likes

John Goold, who played in Carlton’s wins in the 1968 and 1970 VFL grand finals, died in Camperdown in south-west Victoria last Friday (May 31) after a long illness.

Former West Coast coach and WA football icon John Todd has died at 86.

4 Likes

Harley Reid has had his two-game suspension upheld at the tribunal. He will miss this week’s match against North Melbourne and the Round 15 game against Essendon. He is also ineligible for the AFL Rising Star award.

Bulldog Rhylee West had his one-match suspension dropped.

1 Like

The competition for this year’s Rising Star award is now wide open, after Rhylee West’s teammate Sam Darcy was banned for two matches for his bump on Collingwood’s Brayden Maynard in last Friday’s match. The suspension means Sam (son of former Bulldog and Seven and Triple M commentator Luke Darcy) is also ineligible for the award.

2 Likes

After 12 weeks of pain, North Melbourne has registered its first win of the season, beating the West Coast Eagles by 9 points at Optus Stadium. Trailing by 33 points in the third term, the Eagles piled on six straight goals, but North Melbourne kicked the final 2 goals to break Eagles hearts.

3 Likes

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but the team that kicked 17 behinds was robbed.

2 Likes

West Coast’s inaccuracy in the second and third quarters (2.15 at three quarter time) eventually cost the team.

1 Like

Mine especially :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Another round with next to no tips right.

Have changed to Geelong and the Dees for the rest of the round.

1 Like

Although they lost west coast will be back in the top 8 within the next 2 years. They are an unbelievable club and along with Sydney one of the most consistent and successful clubs of the AFL era.

3 Likes

After a bland, boring round so far, major clashes today and tomorrow.

Really hoping Geelong cause a bit of an upset and win easy for percentage at the SCG and beat Sydney this afternoon. Swans have room and will safely remain No. 1 on the ladder with a loss while a win they’ll go higher to 44pts, while the Cats will go to No. 2.

This would probably mean even if Carlton beat Essendon tonight, they might have to settle for 3rd on the ladder.

But an Essendon win would see us stay in 2nd (the top two teams haven’t moved in months), but a loss could see us drop to 3rd or 4th depending on today’s results.

Meanwhile, tomorrow’s public holiday traditional game will see the winner of Collingwood or Melbourne (9th and 10th respectively) jump into the Top 8 at 6th, but if a big win possibly the Top 5, depending on percentage, also a chance to overtake Carlton if they lose tonight!

:popcorn:

1 Like

Did you not watch any of the matches yesterday? They were definitely not boring.

3 Likes

This is some real top tier analysis Sully - did you not bother watching yesterday’s games?

2 Likes

Yeah but was anyone really interested in them from the outset? Ratings would suggest not. No offence to those teams, but surely most have been waiting for today and tomorrow this round. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Come on, it’s not practical for every game to be a “blockbuster”, especially when a decent percentage of the competition is currently struggling through a rebuilding phase.

2 Likes

All 3 games had major implications on the 8. I’m not sure of the ratings but I was watching with an eagle eye. Hawthorn making a surge and now a real chance of making the 8, GWS missing out on finishing in the top 4, Gold Coast hurting their chances of making the 8 and North winning their first game.

1 Like