AFL

I would say it would be pretty good if he is considering coming out of retirement. Apparently a 3 year deal that includes coaching after a year of playing.

Huge scenes in Melbourne’s CBD today, with the Grand Final parade :rugby_football: :tada:

After capacity flooded Punt Rd Oval (Richmond HQ) to see their final open training session.

Meanwhile Adelaide touched down at Tullamarine last night, having a closed training session on the MCG this morning.

Port Adelaide seem to be getting pretty serious during the trade period which I wasn’t expecting. Rockliff, Mottlop and now Jack Watts are all linked to them. If Port secured all three they would be looking pretty solid. Another small forward, a utility (to replace Justin Westhoff in the coming years) and a midfielder. All the areas I think they needed work on. It should help them to beat a top 8 side, hopefully, next year.

AFL has appointed the voting panel for this year’s Norm Smith Medal: Brownlow medallist Chris Judd, Carlton great Mark Maclure (also of ABC and Fox Sports), former Richmond and Western Bulldogs coach Terry Wallace, Melbourne AFLW superstar Daisy Pearce and Fox Sports reporter Jake Niall.

3 Likes

Okay :disappointed_relieved: Here it is!

I think (and pray :crossed_fingers:) it’ll be a close Grand Final, fast paced, defensive at times but also medium scoring, tight as in the first quarter.

In the end (last ~10min of the game) I reckon Crows will be too strong and win by a couple of goals (at minimum) :rugby_football:

Good luck to both, monumental occasion with two new GF teams, new to all players and two fairly long droughts.

If Adelaide win, first non-Melbourne team since Sydney in 2012, West Coast in 2006 before that.

I get the impression Brisbane wouldn’t be paying him on overly big money as a cash-strapped club. I did read Hawthorn had asked him to consider continue playing for them once they heard the prospect of him joining Brisbane. I think the potential of mentoring a really young group up there with no added pressure from a non-AFL state for a year or two and then getting a coaching gig is the main driving force. That along with working with best mate Chris Fagan being at the club as well. It has also been reported that Luke’s wife Lauren was a major driver in interest with the family living in Queensland.

I wonder how the deal will be done though? Obviously they can’t pick him up as a delisted free agent, so will either get done with the formality of a trade or through the PSD which Brisbane has the first pick in I think. Any compo for Hawthorn I wonder?

My tips for the GF:

Premiers: Adelaide (hoping for a Richmond win though of course).

Winning margin: 4-5 goals.

First goal: Eddie Betts (and will kick a huge bag I reckon).

Norm Smith: Trent Cotchin.

The u18 grand final can’t be streamed live via YouTube.

You think Trent Cotchin but a crows win by 4-5 goals? If crows win by that much they will get the norm smith

My tip is Richmond by 5 points dusty martin norm smith

Cameron Ling: Adelaide Crows - Rory Sloane
Sam Lane: Adelaide Crows: Eddie Betts
Luke Darcy: Richmond Tigers - Dustin Martin
Mick Molloy: Richmond Tigers: Trent Cotchin
Matt Richardson: Richmond Tigers: Alex Rance
Lleyton Hewitt: Adelaide Crows: Eddie Betts
ME: Richmond Tigers: Dustin Martin

Being picky, but that was an all star game, TAC Cup Grand Final was last weekend after the VFL.

Oops! Someone forgot to press play for the Richmond theme song when they ran out

I think it was playing, just barely audible above the crowd roaring!

2 Likes

What a ripping Grand Final! :cold_sweat:

Pre-Match Entertainment :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

Contest :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

Crowd :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

Weather :heavy_minus_sign:

Criticisms/negatives? :x:

Seven, the AFL & MCG over the moon :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Adelaide haven’t bothered to show up yet

3 Likes

Well… Obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Adelaide lead by 2pts when I posted that)

Crowd 100,021

The AFL will be VERY pleased that those 21 extra people showed up.

And well done to Richmond, pretty easy win in the end.

2 Likes

I dunno, 100k exactly would be pretty awesome.

Over 100,000 sounds better than just 100,000 :grin:

“Congratulations you’re a legend”

That kid is now a meme

7 Likes