AFL

The gaps in the Ponsford Stand are where the Little League and Auskick kids and parents sit.

1 Like

Yes, but unnecessary. Richmond has widened their sash and brightened the yellow. Pair it with white shorts and itā€™s not an issue. But of course the AFL say otherwise.

It was actually the top level of Ponsford Stand where hundreds of seats were unoccupied. It was captured by the behind the goal camera at the Punt Road end of the MCG.

1 Like

Ah yeah, thatā€™s always the last section of the MCC to fill up.

1 Like

Heard on radio thereā€™s only 17,000 public reserve tickets (and I think that was for Richmond members)?

What about Crows members (lower %)? AFL members?

Let alone MCC full members and general public reserve (hope thereā€™s plenty for long suffering, die hard Tigers fans) :disappointed_relieved:

Itā€™s 17000 per team (up from about 15000 last year). A certain number of memberships have guaranteed access to a GF ticket, so the members lower down the scale have a lower chance of getting lucky in the ballot that they needed to enter at the start of the finals series. As someone who got lucky last year the Monday for those members will be absolutely excruciating, particularly with the packages basically gone already (usually thereā€™s a few $2000 type packages still around early in GF week).

1 Like

In the VFL Grand Final (Port Melbourne vs Richmond), Richmondā€™s Ben Lennon missed a set shot from about 50 meters after the siren to give Port a 4 point win. What a game!

1 Like

imagineā€¦ (if he had kicked it)ā€¦ :grinning:

(kickerā€™s name now changed from John Lennon to Ben Lennon).

3 Likes

What happens if there are people out there buying a ticket and selling it for 10 times the price? Is that allowed?

1 Like

Itā€™s illegal, but it happens.

1 Like

Im hoping you mean Richmondā€™s Ben Lennon!

1 Like

What a VFL GF :cold_sweat:

Glad I tuned-in to the last quarter!

Considering how even and close most of games have been throughout the regular season this year, itā€™s a little surprising that all except one have been so one-sided this finals series.

So glad Richmond won on Saturday. Best outcome IMO and thereā€™s no reason now the GF shouldnā€™t be a sellout of 100,000 at the ā€˜G this weekend.

As a neutral I really donā€™t mind who wins it now between Adelaide and Richmond. Saying that it would be nice for Richmond and the 70,000+ members to finally win a flag after 30+ years of waiting.

Right now Iā€™m predicting it will be close tight contest early before Adelaide finally overpowers them and pulls away to eventually win by roughly 5-6 goals. Hope to be proven wrong yet again and that itā€™s a close and exciting contest right to the final siren.

As I had a seat up there, can confirm there were some empty seats here and there in the Ponsford that were never taken.

You shouldā€™ve been at the ground! The noise generated was electric at times. Particularly when the supporters started chanting early in the last quarter when Richmond were pretty much home.

I really hope this isnā€™t a bad omen for next Saturday. Would be so devastating to see the Tiges go down like this in the AFL comp as well.

2 Likes

Very good point, particularly Friday nights :+1:

We also had a few draws!

Highest-rating year on record for AFL on Foxtel.

Well, Dustin Martin did win this yearā€™s Brownlow Medal but not in a landslide as many pundits thought. Last yearā€™s winner Patrick Dangerfield, Tom Mitchell and his former Swans teammate Josh Kennedy collected many votes from the umpires and pushed the count all the way.

1 Like

Iā€™d have thought polling the most votes ever with the runner up 11 votes behind is classified as a landslide.

2 Likes

Dangerfield was very unlucky to not poll at all in the round 22 game vs Collingwood where he had 32 disposals.

1 Like

What a count :disappointed_relieved:

No where near the huge winning margin to Martin as everyone hyped-up!

In fact, Dangerfield lead more than he didnā€™t, it was looking as if we may have had an awkward ineligible win.

A very long/late telecast too (but hey, whatā€™s new, same goes for Bruce :wink:)

Anyway, congrats Dusty :clap: The week of Richmondā€™s life.

The awkwardness of ineligibility was avoided in the end (only just surprisingly). Dangerfield was very unlucky not to receive a single vote in the second last game of the season in which I think he was yet again prolific in.

Very well deserved winner is Dusty though. It didnā€™t show in the umpires votes tonight, but he was easily the most consistent player all year for mine. Heā€™s an utter freak of a player!

Also, how Joe Daniher won the Mark of the Year award over Jeremy Howe was quite baffling. Howe taking that out shouldā€™ve been a given IMO.

1 Like

Goal and mark of the year have become a public popularity contest in recent years. Howeā€™s was much better.

1 Like