AFL

Richmond v Adelaide for the GF. Adelaide by two goals!

1 Like

Sigh of relief Ken hinkley not leaving Port.

1 Like

Adelaide vs Richmond, Richmond by 23 points.

1 Like

Haha - wondering how long it took until someone noticed that. I wonder if @Bort even visits this thread? I guess weā€™ll know now! #BortPower :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Can you imagine if GWS were part of the traditional GF Parade down Melbourne streets?

Would look something like this I believe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

3 Likes

When he calls you into a thread you have zero interest in to point out something you already saw on Facebook :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Itā€™s Nearly 15 Years to the Day a Major Footy Scandal that would Haunt Carlton Players, Officials and Fans Forever, October 2, 2002 was a Day when the Clubā€™s Infamous Salary Cap Scandal Began which saw Draft Picks Gpne and a Fine of Almost $1,000,000, Carltonā€™s on Field Position was Weakened ever since the Penalties and Played in Just 4 Finals Series since the Year the Scandal Began!!!

Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t follow sport Mr B

You know thereā€™s other sports besides AFL, yeah?

8 Likes

Surely not in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Sorry bad assumption, I thought thatā€™s what you were getting at

Like guessing classification ratings? Sorry Mr B I donā€™t follow.

3 Likes

Haha - precisely the point I tagged you Mr B. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course Mr Luke does! :wink:

Even though you donā€™t follow, I think this would work quite nicely as your new future avatar though. After all, you are ā€˜Bortā€™ and you do have ā€œthe Powerā€. Donā€™t rush. Think it over, yeah? :heart_eyes: :yum:

IMG_1011

2 Likes

According to the Melbourne Cricket Club, the MCC reserve has only reached capacity (where members just walking-up, have to be turned away) once in the last decade (that includes Grand Finals).

Of course it was the famous 2007 Prelim between Geelong and Collingwood on a Friday night (got an astonishing over 100,000)! Also the second biggest non-Grand Final game on TV to date (Seven), behind 2005ā€™s St Kilda vs Sydney Prelim (Ten).

MCC said theyā€™ve since come close number of times, including Geelong vs Richmond Qualifying a couple of weeks ago.

Their estimatrd crowd for this Saturday is now 95,000. Will be interesting!

Iā€™m stressing :disappointed_relieved: Iā€™m going, will be parking the car bang on Gate 6 opening at 1pm and MCC gates open at 1:30pm.

Iā€™d be guttered if I was one of the unlucky people outside the 13,500 memebr walk-up admittances who was turned-away (getting there that early though, should be alright).

Thereā€™ll probably 1m watching in Melbourne on TV too.

Save for the following week :wink:

A huge party in South Australia, be very proud :tada:

What a Prelim!

Record Aussie Rules crowd in South Australia too, nearly 54,000 @ Adelaide Oval.

Geelong were gallant to stay within ~30pts for much of the match, but ran out of legs. Adelaide way too desperate, so much pressure, classy.

Next week will be epic.

(GO TIGERS :tiger:!)

And the first time since 2010 we wonā€™t have one of Geelong, Sydney or Hawthorn play in the GF. Also has only happened once since 2005.

2 Likes

Adelaide was simply too good tonight. They have made the grand final for the first time in 19 years and, unlike 1997 and 1998, they will be hot favourite no matter the result of the Richmond-GWS preliminary final.
The Crows have proved to be party poopers when it came to AFL finals. They prevented Western Bulldogs and St Kilda from winning in 1997 (the Bulldogs had to wait another 19 years to win the flag while St Kilda reached three grand finals in 2009 and 2010) while easily accounted for North Melbourne in the 1998 GF. Can the Crows stop the dream of the Tigers and the Giants?

1 Like

Also, in a win for the equalisation policy, since 2015, 6 different teams will compete in the Grand Final.

1 Like

I hope the same thing that happened to Fremantle (2013) & West Coast (2015)ā€¦

Absolute failure (though the former was a close game)ā€¦

Doesnā€™t happen to the Crows :disappointed_relieved:

When isnā€™t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, you would hope so wouldnā€™t you? Considering itā€™s the Grand Final!

Very happy to see Adelaide thrash Geelong in the last qtr and a bit last night to progress to the big dance next Saturday. Finally, a Grand Final without either one of Geelong, Sydney or Hawthorn for once!

I really hope Richmond join them next week and win the twilight game later on today against GWS. I think it will be a much better spectacle with them in it rather than the Giants to be honest. In saying that, I have this terrible feeling GWS will just get up in a tight one and break the Tigers faithful hearts (I really hope Iā€™m wrong on this of course).

3 Likes