AFL

Ripping game!

Certainly lived up to expectations :open_mouth:

1pt in it, these two will make the GF

Still think it will be Adelaide v GWS.

2 Likes

Adelaide hit the front midway through the last quarter before Sydney kicked the last two goals to win by just three points. Could the Crows stumble in their finals race just like last year?

2 Likes

It came down to inaccurate kicking. When the Crows were in front by 9 in the 4th, the difference was 9 behinds. It cost them dearly.

4 Likes

Big call. I predict Sydney will make it but lose. Not too sold on Adelaide. Their finals form has been poor. I predict another underdog this year. Melbourne?

1 Like

There was a huge element of luck with the bounce of the ball too. Sydney had about 4 or 5 goals where it bounced through but could have gone either way, Adelaide had the same but with it bouncing the wrong way. A ripper game though.

2 Likes

If I were to pick a dark horse it would definitely be Richmond, they’ve been in almost every game this year except for that big loss against the Crows earlier in the season. If Richmond hadn’t lost the close games this year, they would be almost an almost certainty for the minor premiership this time of the year.

2 Likes

So dark horse even Mick Molloy has been too scared to bring out the Grand Final countdown timer on Saturday night! Not sure if they’re Premiership material but they’ve played well this year and have well and truly gone under the radar, hope they do finish in a decent spot though at the end of finals.

1 Like

Didn’t realise the stadium in Balllarat (first AFL game being played there right now) had naming rights.

“Mars Stadium”.

As in Mars the global chocolate/food company, I believe also headquartered in Ballarat for Australia?

Mmm… :yum: Mars Bar!

thanks for clarifying, I thought it was named after the planet.

4 Likes

No, I was actually wanting someone to clarify?

Mars could be anything tbh.

Port Adelaide firs China now Mars. Most well traveled team.

You would be a happy player if you played with them.

As for the naming. It is becausr of the headquarters in Ballarat.

4 Likes

As a Port supporter I am quite pleased with their effort.

They have won gamed in WA, QLD, NSW and Victoria (including Ballarat). Not many teams, if any, have done that this year.

Still don’t think they will make too much of a dent come finals time.

1 Like

Still haven’t beaten a top 8 team (at the time of playing) for the whole of 2017.

1 Like

West Coast were in the top 8 (before the round began) before they played them. Port can’t really control the day they play them.

But I agree the fact they haven’t beaten too many top 8 sides isa concern. But its been a strong season.

They have been in games against most top 8 sides. A loss isn’t something to be proud of but they competed well against Adelaide (the first time), GWS, Richmond, Geelong (really should have won). Melbourne, Essendon and Adelaide (the second time) were their bad losses.

1 Like

They lost to West Coast didn’t they?

1 Like

They beat them in WA lost in Adelaide.

Just checked the ladder history and West Coast were actually 9TH before the game started!

That’s because it was the last game of the round. They were 7th coming into the round.

That doesn’t make a difference to that stat though.

Still it’s quite a remarkable one, they may win the premiership without beating a top 8 team (at the time of playing) in the H/A season.