AFL

What is wrong with people?!

Why dont these players get it…

The season is on the line and players still choose to NOT FOLLOW THE RULES…

Easy solution - one breach, you’re suspended, without pay, for the rest of the season, no excuses.

Any club that gets three breaches, they’re forfeiting the rest of the season.

Goes for any other sports league too.

No one is above the law and they need to be treated as such.

3 Likes

Reading between the lines, it’s not the players that are in breach.

1 Like

This year’s Dreamtime game will be held in Darwin for the first time.

4 Likes

This is fantastic getting two of the biggest clubs to Darwin! There have been some positives to come out of the no Sydney/Melbourne games.

How does Jarrad Polec get dropped by North Melbourne when he had the most disposals in last weeks game. The following week he had the third most in their loss to Richmond. The coach said he hasn’t been up to standard but he is constantly in the top 5 for disposals for the club. Hopefully he comes back to Port.

Hawks 50K , Richmond, Carlton, North Melbourne $45K

$25k of each fine suspended.

The fines arose when a Richmond premiership players’ partner attended a beauty salon, the children of a Carlton player attended a theme park on the Gold Coast with their grandparents and a group of North Melbourne players’ partners went to a game at the Gabba.

All were breaches of the guidelines outside in a document provided to players before they entered the hubs.

Maybe it’s more about the quality of the disposals rather than how many you get?

Not much point if they are not good ones?

1 Like

With North Melbourne Abandoning their Stand-alone VFL Team, An Opportunity to Merge their Reserves team with either Coburg, Frankston, Port Melbourne (again), Werribee (again) or even Williamstown & the Merged Team will take the Kangaroos name & colours, but play at another Ground.

I thought an AFL match on a workday afternoon in WA would get a small crowd, I was wrong.
https://twitter.com/OptusStadium/status/1289146389629472768

According to Herald Sun, it was Trent Cotchin’s wife Brooke who did a facial at the Esteem day spa that cost the Tigers $20,000. She made an Instagram post but deleted soon after.

1 Like

What was the crowd?

12,304 as the tweet said.

2 Likes

I still think that this was quite a good crowd at Optus Stadium, even if there were two Victorian teams being played in Perth.

3 Likes

Especially for a game that started at 3.40 local time.

1 Like

Thanks the tweet wasn’t coming up on my computer yesterday.

I was very worried about my Eagles tonight. During the first half, Geelong controlled the match.
The Cats lead by 16 points. However during the 2nd half, the Eagles fought back to win by 9 points in a nail biter. Josh Kennedy kicked the match winning goal to seal the match. The Eagles are now in top 4.

Has it ever happened where a player calls for a head count if they believe an interchange infringement has not been detected by the interchange steward

1 Like

Yeah I believe it has happened a few years ago. Technology and camera action has prevented that from really happening.

I watched St Kilda yesterday and I think they are the real deal. They have a good side and will be real contenders over the next 5 years.

1 Like