AFL

I would hope not. They do currently have the best percentage in the AFL.

Yeah I didn’t think Port played their best. Even in the first half. Players like Travis Boak and Robbie Gray were very quiet. So to still have a a 50 point win was great. Should have been much more. 3 of Hawthorns goals also came from free kicks. Was a bad night for Hawthorn.

Agree Hawthorn were awful, and Port should have won by 80+. Credit where it’s due I guess the Hawks did improve (slightly) in the second half

Meanwhile I’m very proud about what we did to Adelaide on Friday. Like the Port game the final score probably didn’t reflect the match - we played far better and should have won by more (we were nearly 50 points up in the third quarter). But still, a comprehensive win against the team I rate as one of the best in the league is something I’ll happily take :smiley:

Yeah i didn’t think Port played that well against Geelong. But with that said I thought they played a lot better than what Adelaide did against them. I thought Adelaide were very poor on Friday night. I am very reluctant to jump on the Geelong train. But they have beaten good teams. There loses have been to poor sides.

I’m still yet to be convinced. We’ve been good the past couple of weeks, but some of those losses, the Essendon one in particular, exposed a lot that’s bad. We’ve got the bye then West Coast in Perth next Friday - the Eagles are hardly flying but they’re solid at home, a win there would be a good achievement

Agree on the Port comment too, you guys showed more against us than the Crows did. Don’t quite rate Port as premiership material just yet but there’s more than a bit to like about them

No neither do I they must beat a top 8 team to gain my faith but they don’t play another top 8 team for a few weeks yet.

With Brisbane beating Fremantle and recording their 2nd win of the season the chances of my Hawks ‘winning’ the wooden spoon have really started to grow. Such horrible performances in the past 2 weeks and we won’t even get a top draft pick this year!

I was at yesterday’s game and it was horrible to see Hawthorn performing like that.
The only Sunday game of this round is in Melbourne (Carlton v GWS) and it is on Fox Footy. Why doesn’t it start at the traditional time of 2.10pm? Fox Footy does not have any lead-out program to worry about.

Really i found it funny, considering the opinions I have seen around (not just here) giving them praise for being possible final footy contenders.

What a bizarre round, to add to a bizarre season. Hawthorn losing was one of the less surprising results, given they lost some key players before the match

Turdall, what on earth happened to Port? And Carlton getting up over GWS today? I’m kinda glad the Cats weren’t playing this week!

1 Like

An upset every game in this round so far (except Friday)… Crazy season

1 Like

better then one sided games so boring close games are more interesting to watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly I had that feeling and it was funny Ken Hinkley did mention that every team has had one of those crazy losses this year and this was Ports first. Their effort was awful. And I am so sick of players playing for free kicks. Robbie Gray (absolute champion don’t get me wrong) plays for way too many frees up forward rather than chasing the ball. Chad Wingard did the same. They will respond but it was an upsetting loss. Jack Hombsch is another one. I thought he was going to become a future Rance and a modern aged backman. But that was a bad game from him. I actually could only name one good player in that game and that was Justin Westhoff.

Except for Bounce which would look out of place at 5:00…

The only joy for Saints fans who own Hawthorn’s 1st rounder this year!

Fox Footy can show one hour of post-match including coaches’ press conferences before Bounce at 6pm AEST.

What and actually do something they don’t do when a day begins with S? NEVER!?

The Australian Football Hall of Fame gala was held at Adelaide Oval tonight. Malcolm Blight was elevated to legend status. There are also six new inductees:
former umpire Brett Allen
Dual Adelaide premiership player (and current Melbourne coach) Simon Goodwin
St Kilda/Sydney/Bulldogs forward Barry Hall
Dual North Melbourne premiership player Anthony Stevens
Sturt (SANFL) star of the 1950 and 1960s John Halbert
Collingwood forward Ron Todd

1 Like

Good to see the Hawks use AFLX as motivation for tonight :stuck_out_tongue: . Jokes aside, it’s the second time in 3 weeks 17th has beaten first. What is this season.

This ranks as one of Hawthorn’s most famous wins. And it happened in front of a hostile crowd at Adelaide Oval as well.

1 Like

What was the first team?

Carlton v GWS

1 Like