AFL

Yeah I believe it has happened a few years ago. Technology and camera action has prevented that from really happening.

I watched St Kilda yesterday and I think they are the real deal. They have a good side and will be real contenders over the next 5 years.

1 Like

You’re quite right. We were awful yesterday.

From what I have seen St Kilda have been in good form this season. Nothing stopping them from mske the finals this year. They have seemed to have benefited.

1 Like

With the current stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne one would assume the Grand Final must be moved now. There is no way they can get a crowd in before October. Hopefully its announced soon.

I was a bit nervous going to games but I am going to the Bulldogs v Port game tomorrow night.

3 Likes

As someone who went to last weekend’s Swans vs Hawks game…I’ll give you some advice.

1. Wear a mask
  2. Follow all instructions
  3. If there are wankers who think they can manspread into every other seat, move at least two seats if you can, if not, report them. This was at the Waratahs game, but still.
5 Likes

Yeah I have a mask that I am planning on wearing. I’m also not buying any food there and taking my own, I would love to support the venue but not risking it.

Just one thing I’m missing… a beer mask

20200802_173547

Enjoy the game, but arrive early for bag checks and temperature checks. Also be prepared for staggered departure - you may not be able to leave the venue as soon as the final siren sounds.

2 Likes

Seven News’ Mark Stevens said this evening that Trent and Brooke would personally pay the $20,000 fine.

Good luck to you and hope that you enjoy the match tomorrow night at Adelaide Oval. If you’re planning to use public transport to head off to the game, my advice is that you should avoid sitting at the front of the bus. I would recommend that you should sit at the back of the bus to comply with social distancing. I would also recommend that you should wear an extra jumper during the match as the weather would be very cold during the night in Adelaide.
Another recommendation is that you should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the match. This includes bag inspections, checking body temperatures. (It is recommended that you should download the COVID Safe app). Adelaide Oval food outlets are now card-only.

I always said I would download this when I started to integrate with society. But the fact it hasn’t been able to trace any close contacts has made me decide not to. A big waste of money this was.

So Fremantle beat the Pies tonight with a score of 10.1 (61).

Has a team ever won a game with a higher score but only 1 (or 0) behinds?

Or has a team won without kicking any behinds?

The AFL has stood down AFL.com.au reporter Mitch Cleary after he posted a deleted Instagram post by Brooke Cotchin that lead to her receiving a fine of $45,000 by the AFL for visiting a day spa to receive a facial that breached the AFLs’ COVID rules, even though Brooke was already named on radio

That is ridiculous. He is a journalist.

1 Like

Yep, St Kilda just last round won with 12.1.73.

I don’t think anyone has ever win with zero behinds. In 1994, St Kilda scored 18.2 against Essendon, highest winning score with 3 behinds was Freemamtle’s 20.3 in 2000.

1 Like

Yeah maybe something more to it ?

1 Like

Everyone warned this would happen when the AFL announced they were going to run their own media arm

2 Likes

According to Herald Sun (which also shared Brooke Cotchin’s Instagram post on its website on Friday, that’s how I was able to post her name here), Caroline Wilson named Brooke Cotchin as the culprit on 3AW on Thursday before Mitch Cleary shared Brooke’s Instagram post on his Twitter the following night. Was the AFL implying that Mitch should dob Brooke Cotchin in before reporting on her post?
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-media-journalist-mitch-cleary-stood-down-over-brooke-cotchin-tweet/news-story/6ea186759592fe59003e6263abfb1090

Apparently the AFL believe he is an AFL employee before a journalist.

This won’t end well for the AFL.

Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter