AFL

The AFL is investigating a protocol breach by Collingwood players Steele Sidebottom and Lynden Dunn.

Let’s hope it doesn’t get to a stage where Victorian teams can only play against each other, and interstate teams against each other for any considerable length of time. That would be awful for the competition.

1 Like

True, there are only a set number of pairings the AFL can do while still complying with the latest COVID-19 restrictions.

The alleged breaches are:
Sidebottom and Dunn travelling in an Uber
Sidebottom staying in the company of someone (injured teammate Jeremy Howe) for longer than two hours - Howe suffered a serious knee injury in the Pies’ 4-point loss to GWS on Friday night
Sidebottom then visiting former teammate Daniel Wells in Williamstown. Wells works with the Magpies but is not in the club’s ‘‘bubble’’.
2 Likes

Interesting. They know the rules. But I am sure some of those things are a bit blown up. It is good he is seeing his injured teammate to see he is ok.

1 Like

Teammate Lynden Dunn was suspended for one match for sharing an Uber with Sidebottom.

2 Likes

The AFL has announced that the Western Bulldogs, Richmond, Carlton, St Kilda, North Melbourne and Essendon are set to relocate to Queensland due to Victoria’s COVID-19 crisis.

1 Like

No, the AFL have not announced anything. This is all media reports but nothing official from the AFL.

Calm your farm. It was confirmed by Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk in her press conference earlier that those six teams will relocate to Queensland with her understanding for the remainder of the season.

2 Likes

Yet they are playing in Adelaide in Round 7.

Brisbane, Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Melbourne will join Sydney and GWS in Sydney, while the 2 Adelaide sides plus Collingwood and Geelong will join the 2 WA sides in Perth.

The AFL released the revised fixtures for Round 6 and 7 this afternoon, taking into account the relocation of Victorian clubs.

Port Adelaide is still on the Gold Coast in Round 7. Not sure where you are getting that information from. Adelaide is in Adelaide playing St Kilda in that round as well.

1 Like

Given that NSW and QLD stadiums are now allowing spectators, it will be interesting to see attendance figures for games involving interstate teams only.

3 Likes

A Richmond v Geelong game will probably be bigger than any of the games involving NSW and QLD teams

I don’t think so, not to people in NSW and QLD anyway.

I mean in attendances

That’ll leave the VFL the only Footy in Victoria come August 1, Come on Melbourne, your VFL Club needs you.

What a game :red_circle::black_circle::red_circle::black_circle::red_circle::black_circle: It wasn’t the real Anzac Day, it was ‘coronavirus Anzac Day night’ (?)… But I’ll take it :smile:

1 Like
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter