AFL

I do feel sad for the Crows, they had a brilliant season! :frowning:

I also reckon the Brownlow Medal might see one of those rare and unfortunate instances, where Rory Sloane technically wins, but officially canā€™t due to his suspension?

Patrick Dangerfield will win the Brownlow easily, Rory Sloane does not have a chance.
The NRL has confirmed that Saturdayā€™s preliminary final between Melbourne Storm and Canberra Raiders will kick off at 7.40pm AEST, meaning it will overlap with last few minutes of the GWS-Bulldogs match.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I think Rory Sloane will poll well. He is the only one in the middle that will poll votes for Adelaide.

Amazingly, one of Sydney, Hawthorn or Geelong have featured in all the grand finals except for 1 (2010) since 2005 and it will continue this year.

I think the Sydney Swans have been such a consistent side in the last 20 years. Only missing 3 finals campaigns. Simply incredible. Unfortunately I believe it all came because of the COLA allowance. Allowing them to recruit and keep players.

Massive game tonight, I really canā€™t split Geelong & Sydney :disappointed_relieved:

Iā€™ve gone for the Cats by a goal, just because of home ground advantage.

An all-Sydney Grand Final is a BIG possibility.

Canā€™t remember a better/bigger finals series tbh?

So cliche!

2 Likes

I am tipping Sydney and GWS. But I would like a Sydney v Bulldogs Grand Final.

LIKE if you remember that famous AFL semi final 11 years ago at the SCG, where Nick Davis for the Swans RAN WILD in the final QTR :slight_smile:

Equally famous call by Anthony Hudson on Ch 10.

Michael Christian was also excellent in commentary.

1 Like

And this is the first final between those two since then! Hopefully this game will be good for us neutrals! Tipping the Swans (Geelong have only played 1 game in a month) and GWS for an all-Sydney GF.

What is the difference between Geelong only playing 1 game in a month and GWS only playing 1 game in a month :stuck_out_tongue:

Good point, GWS have made Spotless a fortress this year with only one loss (I think) coming from there. Geelong played some ordinary opposition leading up to the finals and we all know what happened to them 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

I agree with your tips. Just joking around. I do hope we have two very close games. I feel both might be a bit one sided though.

1 Like

This is unbelievable :fearful:

Sydney are absolutely amazing tonight.

Fat lady already singingā€¦

1 Like

Yep I thought we would see a one sided game tonight. I have a sinking feeling the same will occur tomorrow.

2 Likes

God help us if itā€™s Sydney v GWS. The AFLā€™s wet dream Grand Final matchup.

4 Likes

Geelong has looked like ametaurs tonight. They have some very sloppy players. Some of their older players must go like Andrew Mckay and Jimmy Bartel. What do others think of Scott Selwood. Watching him tonight i felt he was quite lazy. What I mean by that is he gave up on chases and didnt run back. I can see why i didnt get a game with West Coast.

1 Like

From a TV perspective, Iā€™d also be willing to bet that Channel Seven here in Sydney are also really hoping that the Giants win now that the Swans have a guaranteed place in the AFL Grand Final. :wink:

4 Likes

And Corey Enright in tears, sign heā€™s retiring?

1 Like

I saw the whole match on TV tonight and was stunned by the Swansā€™ first quarter blitz. After that the Cats were always on the back foot and simply could not catch up. Geelong basically had three players carrying the team through (Joel Selwood, Dangerfield and Bartel), made too many mistakes and wasted so many chances inside 50 (72-40). Sydney surely must be hot favourite to win the grand final now, although I fear if GWS also make it, it could be the least watched title decider since OzTAM ratings began in 2001 - could be less than 2 million metro viewers.