ACE Radio (Regional)

I am worried too I hate having ACE owning my local stations and that is the reason why in the car i always have it locked onto 102.5. I was forced to listen to MixxFm when we had builder in at my work place after midnight and o my god the amount commerical and encore of Hamish and Andy and kylie and Jacky O. It was so painful. A lot different to the edge with their commerical free continuse music after midnight

3 Likes

Yes mate, I was a bit disappointed by the responds I got back from the emails and messages from Facebook, the lies and they really need to get in touch with people in rural areas.

I hate to say but I BOG do a much better job in running rural FM radio station then ACE do. At least they cater for all genders instead of the one gender.

2 Likes

Will be interesting if the Edge line ups change. Quite like the 4 hour announcer shift with no pre recorded comedy shows, hour of power dribble.

1 Like

Changes are already happening, unfortunately there will be a over kill of pre recorded shows on Edge FM.

I’ve got to agree. If you are ever in the Moree area have a listen to Now FM, that is how a regional radio station should be done.

Ace stations all look and sound awful. Grant does a decent job for regionals.

2 Likes

I could not agree more there mate, they are shockers. I forgot about Grant, they even have their own playlist for each station :slight_smile:

New logos now up on the socials and websites. Also, see this RE: music formats

3 Likes

I first posted on the FM102.5 page but mine and 6 other people messages got deleted. Im guessing Deni is more aware than Wang about how bad ACE radio FM stations are. Im.still not convinced that their will be no change in format. How long will the locally produced breakfast shows last before ace axes them and goes with the network produced shows like nearly all their stations

3 Likes

Bear in mind that Deniliquin only has one local show each day, 10am-6pm is voicetracked from Wangaratta.

1 Like

Some more info.
Can confirm we will not be rebranding as Mixx, and will not be changing our format to match Mixx formatting. We will remain independent from the Mixx format and will not be taking Hamish & Andy / Fitzy & Wippa / Kyle & Jackie O

1 Like

You missed a bit.

Will be interesting to read about what has happened in a year or two.

6 Likes

1494 2AY has the new edge FM logo on it’s Albury building also

I think I might know who that post came from…

Also:

I don’t know if I’d personally call myself a “confirmed media expert” because I’m always learning new things about the Australian media landscape, but I do appreciate the kind words nonetheless! :slight_smile:

Even though I’m not in either of the markets affected, I will be rather interested to see the progress of 2QN, 3NE and Edge FM under ACE Radio with Lui Zacher as their content director because he’s someone in the industry I have a fair bit of respect for.

3 Likes

Congratulations… well deserved praise :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They have been saying that they have tweaked the music. I have been listening today and unfortunate I have not notice any difference unless 102.1 are taking a different format to 102.5.

1 Like

Will Ace spend money on the 102.5 TX site? Coverage is not what it should be for the specs.

1 Like

I have heard they have already started doing work on the 102.5 and 2QN sites.

3 Likes

I don’t know whether this is a rumour or not, but I did hear today that ACE got a third party to carry out a survey in the Edge FM listening areas. I heard there were some loyal happy listener in the Wangaratta listening areas that don’t want change to the current format but it was a totally different story for the Deni/Echuca listening areas where most were unhappy with format and wanted change. If this is true, I will wonder whether they will run 2 different music formats on 102.1 and 102.5.
Time will tell I guess.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see what happens.

I wonder how much of Edge Wangaratta’s appeal comes from listeners travelling between Melbourne and Sydney/Canberra on the Hume. Having travelled up into the North East a few times each year, I know that the Mt Stanley tower puts out a decent signal from around Euroa through to a fair bit past the Wagga turn off.

As for the SCA stations, Shepparton signals usually drop out around Glenrowan, which is where the Albury stations begin to come in. The same goes for triple j and Local Radio (ABC Goulburn Murray) - 94.5FM and 97.7FM are as local through to around Glenrowan, where the 103.3FM and 106.5FM transmissions kick in. (Side-note: perfect place to trial RDS AF switching)

It’s a bit sketchy in parts of Albury, but otherwise it effectively means there are 5 commercial stations within the Border region, 3 of which (3NE/Edge/2AY) are owned by ACE. Especially with the impending conversion to FM for 3NE, it will be interesting to see how it differs in format from 2AY, and whether ACE can counter-program Edge against both MMM 105.7 and hit104.9 well

7 Likes