ACE Radio (Regional)

Not sure why this is only just getting traction now, Edge FM Deni and Wangaratta have been airing the show for a long time.

4 Likes

Were they airing it Pre-Ace ownership? Now existing Ace FM stations have picked it up.

No, not pre-Ace, however I’m fairly sure all ACE FM stations took the show prior to the name change. It was known as “The Campus”

1 Like

That’s correct… Mikey who was hosting “The Campus” is hosting the “Random 30” now.

1 Like

Good read on Traralgon staffer Bryce Ruthven:

From a web designer point of view, something I will give ACE credit for is there ability to design a nice website and logos, BOG websites are the worst this ever and Grant at to crash hot though are getting better.

2 Likes

One good thing Ace did was focus on digital. They have a great marketing team based out of Traralgon who do regular market visits, the dedicated crew looked after graphic design (not just for online, but for sales proposals too) and website upkeep.

As for BOG, sadly it was each station left to look after their own - and when staff are already covering two/three roles, the website is often the last priority. That being said, Max FM is looking pretty good with up-to-date content.

5 Likes

A job going in Gippsland, after they made most of their promotional team redundant last year.
Not sure how much actual radio work when the first “key responsibility” is answering phones…

3 Likes

Given the work hours it looks like a street team/OB staff role.

1 Like

Reception / OB set up and pack up role would be my thoughts but yes, not very “programming” oriented.

1 Like

Mixx FM Colac has shifted to AC, now positioned as ‘The Best Mix from the 80s to Now’. Breakfast appears to be local now, not taking the syndicated program the other 3 Mixx stations do.

3 Likes

What’s the reason for that? I wonder if there’s enough overspill from Geelong’s K-Rock and Warrnambool’s Coast FM that they figure they don’t need a hit music station format.

2 Likes

Mixx Colac has been local since around mid 2017, they were the second station to drop off from the networked “Daily Grind” show.

2 Likes

Which was the first?

Hamilton, which is actually the host studio for the re-jigged show. Daily Grind was out of Horsham, at the end of 2017 it went to Hamilton and became Mixx Brekky

2 Likes

Interesting, cheers for that!

1 Like

The name “Mixx” has to be up there with Roccy FM as some of the country’s worst station names.

And let’s not forget Sonshine FM.

Just saying.

3 Likes

It has a meaning though, like 1WAY FM.

What is its meaning?

It’s a Christian radio station, so Son meaning Jesus.

4 Likes