ACE Radio (Regional)

Ah, that must be why 3CS was on music when I was scanning around a couple of days ago during Drive, tho I think 3YB might be taking it tho.

3AW Drive has also been taken off the syndication list too.

Gosh. I hope that someone gets rid of Tom because he annoys me so much, that said I listen to Triple J these days with a scatter of John Deeks because his filling in now on Australia Overnight and Nightlife on 774 / Northern Tasmania.

It could also be a ploy from Macquarie to make out of area listeners listen on Digital Radio as most of the ACE signals spill over into Melbourne.

So new 2 person breakfast show for 102.5 edge Deni. What’s happening at 102.1?

Any changes to Edge line up?

Was streaming the other day and I do like the variety compared to Melbourbe

Does the playlist still come from Wangaratta? If so… there’s your problem.

3 Likes

Looks like 2QN and 3NE have quietly added The Morning Rush in breakfast from 7-8:30am as of yesterday. Not sure what’s filling the rest of the breakfast timeslot?

Not sure what’s happening at Edge Wang, but I know the other ACE FM stations are taking Fitzy & Wippa (3-5pm) and Kate, Tim & Marty (5-7pm) in drive from next week, so I assume they’d follow suit.

From the glance I’ve had today, seems that Elliot has been dropped by the AM network, with local/VT shows running from 12-6pm.

5 Likes

New landing page for the two Edge stations, using the old URL for the Wangaratta station - http://www.edgefm.com.au/

New domains too:

Not sure where the 90.5FM repeater that the Edge Wangaratta site claims exists?

3 Likes

Apologies for the third post here, but just found the answers to some of my questions.

According to the latest local content grid, Pat Gurry has moved into the 5-6:30am ‘Early Breakfast’ timeslot, followed by an airing of Country Today. Paul Konik moves to 1-6pm. Full schedule follows:

Time Show
12am Australia Overnight
5am Early Breakfast with Pat Gurry
6:30am Country Today
7am The Morning Rush
8:30am Neil Mitchell (3AW)
12pm Country Today
1pm Paul Konik
6pm Sports Day (3AW/Crocmedia)
7pm Pat Gurry
8pm Steve Price (2GB)
10pm Nightline (3AW)

Over on Edge FM, Content Director Lui Zacher moves into the 10am-2pm slot, replacing Andrew Brett who takes the weekend breakfast (6-10am) slot.

Not according to the Edge content grid, with Indianna Symons from Edge Deniliquin remaining in the 2-6pm slot.

2 Likes

Damn, I personally would’ve loved to hear KTM on air - looks like I’ll be sticking to the podcasts. :pensive:

1 Like

Voice tracked from another town 2 hours away really isn’t local.

5 Likes

Was listening to the morning breakfast on 2QN which was hosted by Ange, what a weird shift 5:30am to 6:30am, but to be honest I was enjoying their playlist a lot better than EdgeFM these days.

From what all the other Ace AM radio station do these days its a little confusing. So do 3YB and Gold 1242 take Country today at 5:30am and run the Morning rush from 6 through to 8:30am while other AM stations start the Morning Rush at 5:30 and take a break for Country Today at 6:30am and rejoin the the morning rush with 2QN and 3NE at 7am.

1 Like

Looking at The Edge websites it’s looks like both stations are running independently between 10:00 to 14:00 ( where previously 1 announcer voice tracked both stations) and 102.1 have added a new announcer at night from 18:00 to 24:00. Looking up

Bryce Ruthven. Based in Traralgon and also does mornings on TRFM.

Spose better a non local announcer than no announcer at all

1 Like

Another new name on 102.5 10:00 to 14:00. Good stuff

Plus live announcers after 10:00 am on a Saturday. It’s can only be a good thing

1 Like

Heard them announce a new way to drive home will be announced next week

Edge or 2QN/3NE?

I’m assuming the whole network. Tom Elliot was dropped late last year.

No I was wondering if Adrian was referring to Edge as they might be taking KTM like the other Ace FM stations. Looks like that is the case.

2 Likes

It was confirmed on Monday that ACE would take Kate Tim and Marty from Nova. Easier to listen than Tom Elliott.

1 Like

Edge Fm stations. Now on there websites. From 5 to 7.