ACE Radio (Regional)

Most recently was workdays. He was brekky in his first stint at TRFM, but was let go after less than a year… They were replaced with Dan & Gaby with Kozi (I think). Obviously, had some support from management that he got a redemption gig.

1 Like

TRFM had a breakfast show mid last decade called “Mikkayla, Kosi & Dan” at some point Mikkayla (who I think was an ex-big brother contestant or something) was replaced by Gabi, & Kosi also left too.

1 Like

Fairly certain that Mikkayla is now pannel op for Ross and John on AW

Panel op or producer. She appears on-air with Ross and John sometimes too. She’s been there a while too. At least since 2018, maybe longer.

Producer on Ross & John. Damo Tardio or another bloke is usually referred to as panel op.

Has been there for at least three years. Nickname is Rex as surname is Mossop.

259 posts were split to a new topic: 3MP

I just heard a morning rush promo on Edge FM Wangaratta. Interesting new frontier of expansion? Haha

2 Likes

Word from a female
Western District friend who knows them both is the current duo might be heading in different directions? or will the show be renamed to The Morning Brush Off?

Current Schedules and Slogans for

3YB FM: Better Music and More of it

Gold 1242/FM Gippsland: Better Movie and More of It

3NE: Only The Hits you Love

Ace could the Slogan from 3NE for 1377am

Gold104.3 in Melbourne already uses this - ACE “stole” (they didn’t actually steal) it off them a little while ago.

Once again Gold104.3’s previous slogan that they “stole” off them, ACE just hasn’t changed it in Wang/Deni because Edge FM already uses it.

1 Like

The listeners used to love overnight talk on 3NE, but yes it is much cheaper to run talk and ads rather than music. I can’t remember exact figures but against my wishes the call was made for Edge FM to change from a straight music playlist overnight to adding ads (all fillers and freebies obviously) and top of hour news (itself a five minute block) equalled massive savings in terms of APRA/AMCOS. This is the reason there is Fitzy and Wippa and Kate Tim and Marty replays at stupid o’clock in the morning. No one is really listening, it saves on music royalties and makes Nova happy their product is getting another play. Couldn’t imagine a shift worker or overnight worker being happy that it’s gone from straight music to barely any music.

5 Likes

In Deniliquin tonight.

2QN is (for some reason) broadcasting on its 106.1 HPON frequency at the moment (as well as 1521AM). Not sure why, it has a stereo pilot but sound is 100% mono.

Passing though Ouyen and Swan Hill earlier today, noted that Horsham, Swan Hill and Deniliquin stations have the same playlist on their AM and FM networks respectively. No real surprise there, even though Deni doesn’t use the MIXX brand.

3 Likes

where is ur end destentaion?

Home! (Newcastle).
Probably Thursday.

1 Like

Are they aloud to do that? That was the old Kix Country station.

What are both stations sounding like these days? I’ve heard 2QN has improved and Edge FM has got a lot worst.
The Edge Fm stations used to have there own playlist, so they didn’t sound to close to Hit. I guess they have dropped the 80’s and 90’s music and moved towards the narrow CHR format MIXX had.

1 Like

Edge Deni was running off the Mixx log? That’s new.

Last I checked all the FM stations we’re running seperate logs while the AM network has been just 1 log for years now.

3 Likes

No they are not allowed to do that.

They sounded OK, but haven’t really listened closely for sound quality yet.

Maybe because it was a Sunday?

I’ll try and check again tomorrow when I heard north, but suspect the Mixx signal will disappear pretty quickly.

2 Likes

My bad :hugs:. I was meaning music format wise?

2 Likes

Fairly average. Pretty safe and predictable on Edge, 2QN was better music wise, stayed pretty much with Classic Hits and didn’t deviate to newer stuff like Triple M regional stations do.

2 Likes

Really? I haven’t listened to ACE stations for a couple of months now but last I heard the AM music log was some fairly repetitive 70s/80s/90s tracks and then once or twice an hour Maroon 5 - Memories or Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes - Senorita. At least some of the MMM regionals new music fit the rest of the format, ACE’s just stuck out like a sore thumb when straight after Cold Chisel or John Farnham.

1 Like