New on-air graphics as of today.

Lineup:

Promos:

15 Likes

Now they can start work on that awful ABC Comedy look

1 Like

A couple more from tonight:

2 Likes

Was just thinking last night while watching that an ABC main channel relaunch would be nice, a good refresh here. The box reminds me a little of the logo that The Checkout used during their last couple of years for some reason.

5 Likes

It had been approximately 4.5 years (with the previous graphics being launched under the #ourABC tagline on 20/7/2014) since the last one, so it’s a much welcomed refresh from the ABC’s main channel! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the white outline box :+1: but when they add the white background box at the bottom for the day and time it looks like an old polaroid photo so it looks a bit dated.

Classification information, which correct me if I’m wrong but I believe hadn’t been updated since the 2011 ‘Think Entertainment’ rebrand, back when it was called ABC1

2 Likes

Yep, that’s correct.

1 Like

Idents:

6 Likes

Classification Warnings:

2 Likes

Videos please

The ABC three notes are back!

1 Like

Idents:

Lineup:

Next PRG:

Viewer Advice:

Classification:

Current Affairs promos:

2 Likes

I really like almost everything. These are the only ones I don’t like:

image image

I have an idea for what would look better.

They keep the name of the show as it is above but a little bit higher up in the box. The “Tonight 7.30” should then sit off centre and up on the left. Just like the “9.35” below. That would make the whole thing consistent and perfect in my eyes.

2 Likes

These look great. Simple yet elegant.

Scrolling program advice

3 Likes

We have video of the new look ABC, which is apparently similar to what the newly-renamed international channel ABC Australia has. Some promos and an ident in this one.

More idents, a Next, Then and Later bump and a promo featuring Guy Pearce somehow being forced to talk about the ABC against their will.

Also the famous 3 note jingle is back! Love the sound design and music for the idents.

2 Likes

The new ABC ident template is beautifully simplistic and refreshing, I think one of the best idents out of all the networks.

The 3-note tune sounds somewhat familiar. Is it an old tune that they’ve revived? If so from where?

They used it in their 80/90s idents.

I found where I recognise it. The old ABC Video ident.

Ah the days of not being able to watch your favourite video any more because you buggered it from watching it too much. They had been well loved by the time they were handed down to my little brother. :joy:

1 Like