ABC News Presenters and Reporters

And making far too many stumbles for a presenter with as much experience as he does. I’ve counted at least seven.

On any other station, it wouldn’t be tolerated. Why does ABC Melbourne management tolerate such mediocrity?

2 Likes

Snapshots of the State Budget Coverage from tonight’s ABC News NSW:

1 Like

My word. Those graphics are horrendous.

2 Likes

Yeah.

I get that the State Budget is a big story (and the general coverage was fine), but I personally would’ve preferred to see special graphics which properly tie in with the current ABC News branding.

Just like they did last year!

Saturday -

Paul Higgins is presenting in Victoria.

3 Likes

Tasmania montages:

ABC News needs to work on their lighting. The presenters always look dull and washed out, the lights on set are too bright and there’s never any depth.
The weather presenters are dull standing next to video walls, guests are always sitting in the dark…

2 Likes

Best place I could think of to post this Roy Morgan poll:

ABC most trusted | Facebook most distrusted

Australians trust the ABC and distrust Facebook the most, a landmark new survey reveals.

Conducted in May by Roy Morgan, the MEDIA Net Trust Survey reveals that while Facebook – and Social Media generally – is deeply distrusted in Australia, the ABC is by far the nation’s most trusted media organisation.
Half of all Australians (47 per cent) distrust social media, compared to only 9 per cent who distrust the ABC.

After the ABC, SBS is Australia’s second most trusted media brand. Fairfax comes in third as the only other media brand with a positive NTS.

SBS is also Australia’s most trusted commercial television network with an NTS of +5 per cent – well ahead of the other three commercial networks, all with an NTS of between minus 6 and minus 10 per cent.

1 Like

Biased fake news, must have only asked all the lefties in the sheltered workshop group think.

Is that the spin it’ll get in some quarters?

Most news sites will probably ignore it.

There’s a semantic argument to be had here

1 Like

Queensland:

Monday 25th June:
Josh Bavas anchored

Tuesday 26th, Wednesday 27th June:
Louisa Rabgetz anchored

1 Like

A story in tonight’s ACT News about women in Canberra not feeling safe walking alone at night had multiple shots of Hyde Park in Sydney. The story did show shots of the Civic area so it is odd they felt the need to pad it out with library shots of Sydney.

1 Like

Queensland ended tonight with Jessica staring at the desk for the duration of the ender music.

Earlier:

1 Like

01/07/2018:

Pamela Medlen presenting Queensland bulletin. From Perth?

and blooper on the “headlines”

2 Likes

Jessica van Vonderen posted earlier in the day asking for cures for laryngitis.

2 Likes

02/07/2018:

Louisa Rabgetz anchoring in Queensland.

Nauru has banned the ABC from covering September’s Pacific Islands Forum, in which Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull will be attending. The Nauruan Government said in a statement:

It should be noted that no representative from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation will be granted a visa to enter Nauru under any circumstances, due to this organisation’s blatant interference in Nauru’s domestic politics prior to the 2016 election, harassment of and lack of respect towards our President in Australia, false and defamatory allegations against members of our Government, and continued biased and false reporting about our country.

This is a blatant attack on press freedom and must be condemned from all fronts.

2 Likes

Natalie Whiting named as ABC’s next Papua New Guinea Correspondent

natalie-whiting_9608-500x375

Natalie Whiting has been appointed as the ABC’s new Papua New Guinea Correspondent.

She will take over the key posting from Eric Tlozek, who after three years in the role has been appointed one of the ABC’s Middle East Correspondents, based in Jerusalem.

Whiting currently reports for 7.30 and ABC NEWS in Tasmania, based in Hobart. She has extensively covered regional and outback Australia, from Orange and Broken Hill, to Ceduna, Wilcannia, Maralinga and the APY Lands.

She is a skilled Video Journalist and multiplatform reporter who has told original stories about life beyond our big cities for radio, digital and TV news.

Whiting said she was excited about moving to Port Moresby and working with the ABC’s local team there.

“Papua New Guinea is Australia’s nearest neighbour and our two countries have a long history and close ties,” she said.

”It’s such an important country to be reporting on and for, and I look forward to taking on that responsibility.

“Mostly, I’m excited to meet people and to tell their stories – and to be back living in an area where rugby league is the sport of choice.”

ABC NEWS has operated a bureau in Papua New Guinea for more than four decades and is now the only foreign news organisation with a permanent office there.

Natalie also confirmed the news on her Twitter.
https://twitter.com/Nat_Whiting/status/1014721136397938689

3 Likes