ABC News Presenters and Reporters

It looks like the set of a late 90s science program on ABC Kids. What the fuck.

7 Likes

Oh my lord that is appalling what the fuck how is it possible to create something so bad

2 Likes

now hosted by John Deeks, naturally

17 Likes

Gee, just when we thought the Seven Melbourne set was poorly done…out comes this.

Seriously, what’s wrong with all of the Melbourne set designs?

I do quite like the refreshed globe:

The set though…seriously, this has got to be some sort of practical joke.

5 Likes

Everything about this is a disaster. Set, graphics, presenter, content.

Ctrl Alt Delete Force Restart

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but the Seven Melbourne set isn’t that bad.

7 Likes

That WORLD set looks like it was left over from some kids science show in the 90s!

11 Likes

It wouldn’t look too bad if they removed the way too realistic globe and the giant Lego Technics bits. I like the white rings theme going on elsewhere and the colours are good.

1 Like

The first ABC Late News last night:

9 Likes

Jeremy did both 7pm NSW and 10:30pm national bulletins last night.

1 Like

ABC News Qld with Matt Wordsworth

Tonight’s first story on the ‘cabinet files’ went for just short of 8 minutes.

7 Likes

Friday news in Queensland with Jessica van Vonderen - as far as I can tell the Live cross is to a reporter standing outside the ABC studios at Southbank for no particular reason as the story was about parking fines - using some very commercial tricks for an ABC bulletin :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, the 3rd floor balcony in fact.

2 Likes

Guy Stayner is presenting in Victoria tonight.

Jane Norman presented the ACT Bulletin. She normally works in the Parliament House Bureau.

9 Likes

Anyone noticed that ABC News Tas had their side panel graphics the wrong way around?

ABC apology to Kevin Rudd

On 31 January 2018, ABC News reported on a document prepared in April 2009 for the Strategic Priorities and Budget Committee (SPBC) warning of critical risks in the roll-out of the Energy Efficient Homes Package.

In reporting on that document, the ABC did not intend to suggest that Mr Rudd recklessly ignored critical risks of the home insulation scheme before the deaths of four young installers or that he lied to the Royal Commission that examined those deaths.

The ABC accepts that, as found by the Royal Commission, Mr Rudd was not warned of, and was not aware of critical safety risks at the time.

The Royal Commission made no adverse findings against Mr Rudd and there is no suggestion that Mr Rudd lied to the Commission.

The ABC unreservedly apologises to Mr Rudd for any harm or embarrassment caused.

There was a statement presented at the start of A.M. on local radio this morning at 8am.

Also RN at 7:10, I got an alert from the app last night.

1 Like