ABC News Presenters and Reporters

They might be trying to emulate the BBC, who have News at TEN as their top rating news programme, whilst also running BBC News. More likely they are filling a gap made by Lateline. Presumably, they’d be having dedicated reporters filing for the program, and some live crosses/interviews.

1 Like

?

They run the BBC News at Ten on the News Channel as well as BBC One.

1 Like

That’s what I meant. Basically it’s probably going to be a late bulletin with special reports. The Lateline reporters will probably work on this.

They do the same at 5pm with Early Edition airing alongside a News 24 (sorry “ABC News Channel”) bulletin.

Two quite different offerings that cater to two quite different parts of the markets.

Ian Henderson is now on holidays Guy Stayner is also presenting in Victoria next week

2 Likes

Paul Higgins will be presenting in Victoria this weekend then presenting on weeknights from 26 December - 29 December.

4 Likes

Alan Kohler filed his last finance report for 2017 today and is now on holidays.

2 Likes

Tamara Oudyn is back presenting in Victoria this weekend.

1 Like

Neena Mairata is presenting the national Christmas Day 7pm bulletin.

6 Likes

I saw that. Is she based in Melbourne?

It’s also being simulcasted on the ABC News channel.

2 Likes

I believe she is based in Sydney.

2 Likes

In Queensland, state political reporter Josh Bavas is presenting the bulletin.

1 Like

Victoria next week -

Monday - Thursday - Paul Higgins
Friday - Sunday - Tamara Oudyn

2 Likes

ABC News: Early Edition has been renamed ABC News at Five. Much better name!

17 Likes

I agree.

Even though I get it was a reference to being a pre-7pm bulletin, ABC News: Early Edition sounded too much like the name of a 5am or 5.30am pre-Breakfast bulletin.

9 Likes

finally!

Yes, if 5pm is considered “Early Edition”, then I tremble to think what the ABC might call Nine’s 3pm bulletin!

2 Likes

I wonder again what is the point of ABC having a live news channel then programming a news bulletin in competition with it that is delayed into three states.

2 Likes

ACT montage from tonight:

3 Likes