ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Kind of reminds me of those giant tiles Microsoft tried to inflict upon us all with Windows 8

7 Likes

The “opinion” is crafted only to be contrary and shit over legitimate criticism. :roll_eyes: Someone calling the ABC wasting resources on explaining why rain occurs a “nice idea” is not being genuine in their commentary.

ABC News Victoria ran for 30 minutes tonight rather than the now usual 32 minutes. Wonder if this change will be permanent or not.

ABC NSW 7pm news tonight had some issues tonight with the opener.

Several headline items appeared with a super and a black screen, like the below.

8 Likes

I just notice that ABC News at Noon has been added to the main channel on Saturdays. Is that a partial replacement for Weekend Breakfast which is no longer shown on the main channel but only on ABC News channel?

Exactly 30 minutes again last night. Seems like they have stopped running the bulletins over by that couple of minutes now. Always thought it was a pointless move anyways.

3 Likes

I wonder if other states are now all 30 minutes News at 7pm.

You’d think they’d all have to run for the same length of time…?

I’d say so. They’d be in most cases properly timed to finish concurrently.

I’ve previously noticed on a few occasions that when they were running bulletins to 7.32pm, that (on the Tassie bulletin anyways) if they finished too early they would pad the last minute or so with a longer closer. In some cases though if they ran slightly overtime they would just cut the presenter off (Peter Gee in this instance) without any regular signoff.

1 Like

Guy Stayner presenting in Victoria tonight.

Tamara Oudyn doing radio again next week, Raf is doing RN.

1 Like

Paul Higgins is presenting in Victoria on Saturday and Guy Stayner presenting Sunday.

2 Likes

Well that was quick … last night Amy Culpitt was doing a live cross on the final locally produced Nine News Darwin, tonight she is presenting ABC News Northern Territory:

23 Likes

Montage with Amy Culpitt presenting:

3 Likes

ABC News NT Tonight:

3 Likes

Jeremy Fernandez presented in NSW tonight.

Does anyone know who presents ABC News: Early Edition in James McHale’s absence? They have been presenting the bulletin for a long time now.

1 Like

Usually the Perth backup presenters, Pamela Medlen or Charlotte Hamyln

1 Like

Why do they show a Perth skyline for a national bulletin? I live in Adelaide and once turned on at 5 and thought I was watching Perth news!

The same reason why Sydney displayed the darling harbour view for there national broadcasts on abc news channel at one stage… pretty much to indicate where it’s coming from.

1 Like

Thanks @sammy123, it has been Charlotte Hamlyn filling in for James McHale.

1 Like