ABC News Presenters and Reporters

She last presented on Tuesday.

3 Likes

I’ve seen Nicole read on weekends a few times this year …mostly when Juanita is away, meaning Jeremy is doing weeknights during that time.

2 Likes

The weather graphics on ABC News Victoria looked to be actual HD tonight. Can’t confirm until next weekend since the rest of the week the weather is displayed on the screen wall.

All news graphics are in HD.

Edit: I was wrong it is just in higher quality

Really? Is this the first time?

I have yet to see ABC News produce anything in HD, however the picture quality and clarity of the graphics have improved a lot since the re-launch.

4 Likes

Tamara Oudyn presenting weeknights in Victoria for five weeks while Ian is on holidays.

2 Likes

Paul Higgins is also away on holidays it seems.

1 Like

Paul Higgins is back tonight.

1 Like

No closer on tonight Vic bulletin. Direct throw to 7:30 with Leigh. Don’t believe there was the mid bulletin breaker and throw to 7:30s coming up.
Just a clean “coming up later this hour” early on with a sharp throw to 7:30 and then back to studio.
Seems they are mixing things up?

1 Like

Or maybe they had trouble keeping the bulletin to 32 minutes hence no closer?

There was one breaker in tonight’s Victorian bulletin, straight after a story on Peter Dutton heading a proposed Federal Home Affairs Department.

1 Like

Gloria Kalache presenting Friday -Sunday 7pm bulletin in Victoria this week.

2 Likes

Juanita Phillips is back from long service leave. Bit of a minor blooper with her voice after the intro…

1 Like

Oops

12 Likes

XXX

I expect this from SBS, but not the ABC. Won’t somebody think of the children?!

13 Likes

That could be three kisses, not X rated? :grinning:

6 Likes

The ABC is merging its news & radio divisions in Canberra:

To achieve this, they are considering how to work towards a model in Northbourne (where ABC’s Canberra studio is located) that will combine the ABC Radio and News teams. The existing structures are based on divisions – predominantly News and Radio. While some content is shared, workflows and content delivery are still largely based along divisional lines.

More at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/abc-news-merger-act-makes-sense

3 Likes

Georgie Tunny presented 7pm weather tonight in NSW.
I haven’t seen her before.
I thought she was quite good.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, Georgie/Georgina Tunny is usually a sports reporter for ABC News.

In any case, it’s nice to hear that the bulletin used a fill-in weather presenter for a change rather than just getting the newsreader to read the forecast, which usually seems to be the case on ABC News NSW whenever Graham Creed is absent.

3 Likes