ABC News Presenters and Reporters

What is the Queensland set looking like with the new side panels? Weren’t sliders actually part of frosted glass and stuff on the set?

1 Like

Nope nothing’s changed since before the relaunch from what I can tell.

Graphics on News 24 look clearer this morning.

Guy Stayner also presenting in Victoria this weekend.

4 Likes

I notice that in WA, today’s Budget speech will be shown live on ABC News channel but on two-hour delay on the main channel. Up until last year, the speech was shown live on main channel at 5.30pm WA time, followed by Budget analysis at 7.30pm and repeat programs afterwards.

Everyone should be able to access ABC News here in W.A so it would make sense to just air it on the ABC News channel and keep it delayed for those who might miss it live. Or probably doesn’t make sense to air it live on ABC NEWS and on ABC Perth at the same time.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Very interesting set choice on the ABC tonight from Parliament House.

4 Likes

It looks good, but its very dark.

The lighting is terrible - cuts affecting the ABC budget all ready?

The one Chris was hosting from, or Leigh’s 7.30 Canberra set?

Isn’t the former the same as what they had last year anyway? Didn’t seem to be anything wrong with it to me.

The panel with Ian, Anna, Laura and Chris was far better than the one with Annabel, which seemed to descend into jokey banter constantly, with ridiculous flip flopping between issues.

The one with Chris, with all the pollies walking behind. I can’t remember seeing that set last year. Very purple but nice.

It was a bit strange, I agree, that they seemed to talk amongst themselves. I was hoping they’d interview more than just ScoMo and Bowen and get a wider view of reaction from within Parliament, especially the crossbenchers.

Looks like the ACT set screen is broken or something. Very dark.

Coming from Perth this weekend for some reason.

Caps from Perth tonight:

There was an issue where the audio from a report played, but the vision remained on the studio shot:

2 Likes

Massive blooper just occurred on the Canberra bulletin. Report started playing with the voice over and the supers but the camera stayed on Siobhan typing on the keyboard for a good 20-30 seconds.

That backdrop is awfully dark.

Gosh the studio quality is so so bad. Meanwhile the ABC HD logo looks crystal…

1 Like

:joy:

From ABC News Victoria tonight.

8 Likes

Is it the sweltering Sunday forecast we’re looking at?

Not the only error on the weather graphics.
I was watching some of the interstate bulletins on iView before and noticed (after confirming with BOM website) that ABC News NSW is listing the temperatures for Richmond, QLD instead of Richmond, NSW.

(Sorry for reduced quality, screenshot from iView)

1 Like