ABC News Presenters and Reporters

The new theme is alright, sounds a bit more active, but I’m disappointed we won’t be seeing the version The Bag Raiders remixed of the 1985-2005 theme. All that effort retrieve the original recording for just another one to be used instead. Oh well, I hope The Bag Raiders will release it one day eventually.

1 Like

It’s possible that they could be doing the 1985-2005 theme for the flagship 7pm state bulletins…it would fly in the face of the whole ‘brand unity’ thing, but it would make sense considering that News Breakfast has an entirely different theme altogether.

1 Like

As feared, they’ve totally butchered the theme tune.

I don’t know where to start, but it’s a major fail in my view.

2 Likes

You mean pendulum?

It was only ever a rumour based on one Fairfax online poll, there was never any indication from the ABC that they’ll be going back to the classic theme.

For what it’s worth, I think the new remix is fantastic.

No, The Bag Raiders were sent a copy of the original ABC News theme by the ABC to remix it. I don’t think the Pendulum remix would work anyway at all in Bulletins. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly, plus the current ABC theme is iconic itself. The old pre-2005 theme is famous, but it probably doesn’t lend itself to a 24 hour news channel as well as it did to back when the ABC did 30 minutes of news each evening.

1 Like

The 9 am opener

4 Likes

The logo within an outlined black box looks a bit odd, I would of thought it would be the title card as the screen graphic.

Theme is awesome. Love it.

1 Like

I’m saying that it’s possible (though probably unlikely) that the ABC might be choosing to do separate themes for each type of news program they’re putting out, with the remixed 2005 theme for hourly news bulletins, and the pre-2005 theme for the main evening bulletin.

The fact that they went to the effort of digging for and sending the original recording out to be remixed in Los Angeles makes me suspect that it might not be as unlikely as you think.

I suppose it might provide a sense of higher precedence to the state bulletin over the regular hourly News 24 updates. Anyway, we’ll see what happens later tonight.

:crossed_fingers: I’m crossing my fingers, but I think that’d butcher their attempt trying to make a universal thing for all services. That’s kinda out the window with News Breakfast having a different theme, and Majestic Fanfare saying on Radio waves, but I’d love if that were true. The remix is fine, but I was hoping for a new theme we haven’t heard before, as the original 2005 theme that the new one and the 2010 one was based on, debuted 13 years ago, probably 14 as the 2005 relaunch happened on Australia Day, so it was probably composed in 2004. Though, the 1985-2005 theme was used for 20 years…

Idk what y’all on but that theme is fantastic, I’m gonna stop there so i don’t get you guys to freaked out.

Anyways, love they kept with the slider opener (kinda) and it seems everything is faster (expect for news brekky lmao).

Oh and this is what the email looks like now.

Edit:

4200 emails, shiiiiit

4 Likes

Love that theme. So happy they remixed the previous one :smiley:

1 Like

One change which has gone undiscussed is that the letters ABC no longer appear on the titlecards, the lissajous is now used. I think it’s a great move; the logo is so iconic that I think the simplicity of the logo makes for a stronger brand.

9 Likes

The new panels on the N24 set are a bit sky news U.K-ish.

Safe to say we can assume the current lightwell backgrounds will be on state bulletins tonight.

Huh, I was wondering if they’d change that today. I do like the new theme, it gave more life to the previous 2010 theme, which gave more life to the 2005 theme! I was just hoping for something new as articles were suggesting, but the theme’s renditions, all versions, has a long lifespan with it, as it sounds modern and even timeless. :slight_smile:

Yeah 100% agree with that.

The thing for me that makes it super modern is the relatively newer technique of not having bass for a bar or so (as seen in the opening titles).

Example of what on earth I am on about
http://i.imgur.com/A0UaUhT.png

1 Like

The new theme and intro, particularly to ABC Breakfast, is gorgeous.

I couldn’t read the ticker so obviously that’s being worked on now as it’s missing. I also find the clock hard to read in yellow.

Everything else is beautiful.

1 Like

Actually havent heard the new theme. I only managed to check out the new graphics.