ABC News Presenters and Reporters

This doesn’t make sense. Not only is it factually incorrect noting what I’ve already said here (I in fact do use instagram but do not follow this ABC account), there is a logic fail as well.

Should the Prime Minister be barred from talking about the health risks of imported Chinese berries, because he doesn’t eat frozen berries? Should a radio host not be able to criticise announced cuts to the old age pension, because he’s not a pensioner? I mean, I’ve never heard anything so bizarre in my life. Anyways.

Ach, I see what you said now. Didn’t realise you were responding to CLEW either.

Anyways, there are tons more vids out there. Lots of them are informative. One video you don’t agree with; live and let live dude.

Looking forward to the day I open this thread to see a genuine update on ABC’s relaunch instead of dozens of posts resulting from one person’s ravings.

15 Likes

Actually, this is an ABC News thread, not an exclusive ABC relaunch thread, or an exclusive ABC graphics thread.

So basically, expect to see discussion about ABC News content.

As if we’re going to stop discussing actual ABC News content production to talk about ABC colours. Jesus Christ. What are we, 12?

I, for one, welcome our new raving overlords.

9 Likes

This is the wonkish repetition of an inane little quote and tidbit, and is utterly tiresome. My tiresomeness is utter. :upside_down:

2 Likes

I have to agree with Firetorch - this thread should be just as much about content and editorial as it should be about presentation, if not more so. If a re-launch happens, it happens.

1 Like

An ABC News relaunch should actually be happening at some point this year though.

Although in any case, I’m happy for the ABC to take their time and do something big rather than another slow and stilted rebrand like the direction Seven and Nine have taken with the most recent branding relaunches for their news services.

1 Like

Most MS members if it happens sooner rather than later.

The user that told us aunty would be getting a relaunch should really not get our hopes up. It’s like the ‘boy who cried wolf’ story - when the relaunch happens we’ll be less excited than normal (probs not though).

Considering they had a refresh not too long ago I would really be uneasy with them going through another look so soon.

3 Likes

Underrated comment.

This relaunch has actually been going on for quite some time now that it’s actually irritating me hearing about it. I am now expecting something of a high standard since it’s taken this long. Of course these things take time and I have respect for the ABC staff but cmon.

2 Likes

Faux news report seen on Newton’s Law

4 Likes

There was a hilarious story this morning on ABC News on local radio this morning, about the poor condition of bridges and safety along the Kokoda track. Very few bridges along the trail are passable and few of the medical centres have received any medication in the last year.

The “expert” the ABC consulted recommended a levy on tourists…

As someone who lived there, I think I’m qualified to argue this is the silliest thing I’ve heard said about PNG. Not a mention of governmental corruption. Govt couldn’t pass a shit, let alone a bill for a levy on tourists. The hospitals and bridges are non-existent because pollies steal every single cent or toea that passes through.

They should work on consulting sources who know a single thing about what they’re talking about in future.

5 Likes

Why can’t pop culture be news? Not every news story has to remind us how sick and depressing this world is.

2 Likes

Paul Higgins presenting in Victoria tonight.

3 Likes

Guy Stayner presenting in Victoria tonight.

ABC News Victoria will have a one-hour special at 7pm tomorrow (Friday) called Powering Down. It will have the latest news stories and an indepth look at this week’s shutdown of operations at the Hazelwood Power Station at Latrobe Valley.

1 Like

@JohnsonTV tomorrow nights special bulletin will be presented by Ian Henderson with Ben Knight.

Sounds like April 10 will be the date of the on-air refresh… coinciding with changes to social media accounts.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/new-look/

11 Likes

Relaunch viewing party at my place. BYO capping facilities. Vegan friendly.

9 Likes