ABC News Presenters and Reporters

@NewsAid could be on the weekend if not then definitely Monday l would think.

is the current package that they’re using for WA Votes a sign of what’s to come? or is this what they’ve already used before?

They used virtually identical (a little tweaked in some places) for last year’s Federal Election coverage.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing, but it looks pretty much the same as in the past, the ‘oneABC’ font is a thing to look out for with the new graphics.

Apologies for the crap quality (screen cap from a recorded video), but this promotion picture for Insiders used towards the end of the coverage may be a taste of the new look ABC as it uses the ‘oneABC’ font and some of the new corporate yellow colour in the background:

Here’s a cap:

2 Likes

Insiders has used Yellow for ages.

Indeed

I was paying more attention to the ‘oneABC’ font and since it was ABC News Coverage, I thought some snippets of the new look may have trickled in, if it does launch Monday.

Is it possible the graphics relaunch will occur tonight to coincide with the Melbourne studio being complete for tomorrow?

1 Like

Nope same graphics :slightly_frowning_face:

And 100% the same in tonight’s bulletin:

1 Like

Lighting looks good though

1 Like

Still laughing at tonight’s hit piece on Trump, placed extraordinarily high in the bulletin, on the proposed Trump resort in Bali of which we’ve been informed by ABC News a million times already this year. Of course, Bali has never seen tourism or resorts before, and Trump is totally ruining the peaceful serenity and the lives of the humble, modest villagers with this resort. :rolling_eyes:

We were earnestly and sincerely told that the locals are saying the resort will upset the gods. Why is the same deference not given to issues which upset the Christian God? Aussies have this weird knack of trashing all of their traditions, yet holding the equally inane traditions of other cultures as sacred. Is it too much to ask for some consistency in reporting?

Why is it not HD :rage:

2 Likes

Yea Agree - they have brand new studio and control room - $90m worth - and ABC HD just launched. Why would they not be doing 7pm VIC news in HD now?

6 Likes

Ignoring #whateverKICK-ITistalkingabout-gate for a second, when the fuck is ABC News relaunching?

6 Likes

Perhaps they have no money left after $90m new SD studio. ABC does not need new GFX for media spy anyway.

They’ve already announced the new look.

When.
Is.
My.
Relaunch.

6 Likes

Hasn’t it already been said that the ABC will let their viewers (and us on this forum, more likely than not) know in advance when the 2017 relaunch will be happening?

To be honest, I’d rather wait for an absolutely fantastic relaunch of ABC News’ branding. Surely nobody here wants another slow and stilted news rebrand like what we saw from both Seven and Nine in recent times? Or Ten’s OK but fairly pointless change to their news graphics last year?

Re, Melbourne studios & HD: Is the studio control room capable of HD playout? If not, well there’s your answer to why ABC News Breakfast and the like is still in SD even if the studio cameras are capable of sending out HD pictures.

1 Like