ABC News Presenters and Reporters

The Courier Mail has a brief article about rumors of changes to ABC News in Brisbane.

And it potentially includes 7pm anchor Karina Carvalho … or so say our spies.

Federal political reporter James Glenday has joined the European bureau in London.

I’ve warmed to Karina, but not enough to say that what happened during her instatement was the right move.

No headline supers for Victoria tonight. Strange.

Wonder what happened to these “rumours” - premature or wrong?

Gloria Kalache presenting the Victorian bulletin tonight.

Gloria presented again tonight.

According to this article Ian Henderson is on a long break and will return on March 7.

2 Likes

Is Tamara presenting from another state tonight?

Looked like Perth. According to Jon Faine this morning Southbank is having electrical work to hook the new studio complex next door up to the existing. Radio has relocated to the State Library for the weekend.

ABC News reveals on Twitter that it is trialling WhatsApp to deliver news straight to your phone. It starts with the Oscars next Monday.

ABC News away from home, while works are done at the Melbourne studios…

2 Likes

Opener from last night. Some minor differences including no headlines, slightly different transitions, different music at the start and a slight animation tweak. Apologies for the quality.

Tamara Oudyn presenting Monday night bulletin In Victoria.
With Ian on holidays she should of been presenting weeknights instead of Gloria anyway.

Still presenting from WA

^ same tonight. The electrical work at Southbank must have taken longer than expected.

Thought some here might be interested in this - a video I captured of ABC staff prepping the audience for Q&A before it went live on ABC, talking about how the programme works, finding out where the question-askers are, a poll to see what people think of the on-screen tweets, etc.

Hopefully, the ABC doesn’t feel the need to take this video down since it wasn’t exactly private (i.e. the whole studio audience saw this).

A 30-minute ABC Red Cross Fiji Relief Appeal special will be shown tomorrow (Friday) at 7.30pm on the main channel, to raise funds for relief activities in parts of Fiji which were devastated recently by Cyclone Winston.

The electrical work at Southbank has been completed as Gloria Kalache is presenting from Victoria tonight.

Abc will move into their new news studio later this year. I think it’s around double the space of the existing one. They’re also putting in the biggest ABC studio in too at over 800sq m. Both studios will be HD.