ABC News Presenters and Reporters

That is concerning, I hope they do fix it.

You’re right that there has been an obvious downgrade.

The quality is horrid! It’s like they have the wrong field order applied to them. The output of them is seriously flawed and should be looked at immediately.

Right, Thanks for that.

BDA Creative updated their website with more shots of the relaunch:
http://www.bdacreative.com/en/node-550fff5399815/abc-news-rebrand-2017.html

It has shots of a non-squished clock:

6 Likes

I like the breaking news graphics too:

8 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: ABC News (Channel)

Looks much nicer on the website! I haven’t seen much of the relaunch, ABC in the central West has been all fuzzy and static for nearly 2 days

1 Like

On another note, the ABC’s homepage can be viewed ‘retro’. The feature is launched in order to mark 20 years since the beginning of ABC Online.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/interactives/20th-anniversary-flashback/?smid=Page:+ABC+News-Facebook_Organic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&sf69657327=1

10 Likes

Wow. One of the first websites I ever visited as a kid.

The ABC News Early Edition opener today was using yesterday’s images. They didn’t bother to update it.
Video

Thanks @SamSamTV

3 Likes

Welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The graphics on TV are ugly, but on bda creatives website, they look, well, um sexy! They look really nice, simple and modern. They also look a bit bigger, so maybe the resolution and ratios are all wrong making them look ugly?
Caps from www.bdacreative.com

13 Likes

Website versions look much better. I feel like they have been setup incorrectly. Thy are blurry and as you said sizes are all over the place,

8 Likes

Now that I like. Not the first time a broadcaster mangled the original vision.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: ABC News (Channel)

I was going to record the WA bulletin tonight but it’s just…shit. The opener music was really soft, headline footage had bad cuts and the first story ran with a clapper board at the beginning. I think I’ll wait until they iron out the issues.

9 Likes

Graphics can (and hopefully will) be tweaked, but the persistent issue as I see it is the disconnect between the sets and graphics.

All the shiny 3D backdrops and sedate, distant camera angles feel at-odds with the fast-paced graphics and bass-boosted theme.

Also surprised by how little anything has changed, all the ‘brand unification’ stuff has amounted to essentially nothing. It’s just a graphics refresh, not sure why they’ve been hyping it for the better part of a year.

10 Likes

Don’t think it’s been hyped for a year officially, just everyone on MS has been talking/speculating about it fora year. I personally think it’s great and any set upgrades to tie in with the new look will happen eventually but they don’t want to be seen to be spending a heap of money at once otherwise Newscorp will have a field day.

2 Likes

I thought the ABC did actually tweak the sets to get rid of the “sliding panels” look.

In any case, the current news sets still look a bit better than the 2005-era sets did after three or four years of use IMO!

1 Like

To be fair most of the current sets are less than a couple of years old. The only set that is due for a major upgrade would be the News 24 (ABC News Channel) set. This is now nearly 7 years old and still the original set from the launch. The monitors on the set are showing age as the images displayed on them are grainy. Since being put in the panels have been updated twice.

1 Like