ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Paul Higgins presenting Friday - Sunday in Victoria this week

2 Likes

Why hasn’t ABC News Queensland been posted on iView tonight?

Paul Higgins filling in for Ian in Victoria from Tuesday to Thursday this week.

1 Like

Paul also presented Sunday’s news. That’s four of the past five nights including tonight.

Normally it’s Tamara Oudyn who presents the Victorian bulletin from Friday to Sunday, so it was unusual to see Paul Higgins presenting news so many nights.

3 Likes

For 2018

1 Like

Ian Henderson back presenting the Victorian bulletin tonight.

3 Likes

ABC News ACT are still using their spring title card - a shame because it’s the worst of the lot since the relaunch in April. Hopefully they’ll move to a summer one soon!

1 Like

ABC News ACT presenter Siobhan Heanue will be the new South Asia correspondent, replacing James Bennett.

2 Likes

Alex Greenwich apparently questioning his allegiance…

4 Likes

Was not aware of this at all… Quite horrific.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/conman-killer-tv-weatherman-paul-higgins-on-the-man-who-murdered-his-parents/news-story/f1407d276f045234fa1d3f688079b5db

2 Likes

paywall!!!

1 Like

I didn’t have any problems reading it? I’m not a subscriber.

Essence of the story is Paul Higgins opening up about the murder of his parents in 1995.

so… pay!

1 Like

Hmmm

Nah

7 Likes

Look. I never would pay for a News Corp rag but if people want to read their content then at least support them. Nothing’s for free in this world.

I would prefer to miss out on their “quality” journalisms and save my money rather than shell out to get through their paywall

3 Likes

Tamara Oudyn is now on holidays until after Christmas, Guy Stayner will be presenting Friday to Sunday in Victoria this week.

2 Likes

Jeremy Fernandez to anchor ABC TV 10.30PM national news

Jeremy Fernandez has been named as anchor of the ABC’s new 10.30pm national news bulletin.

The 30-minute late-night edition news will air Monday-to-Friday Australia-wide from 29 January.

Fernandez will also continue to present the NSW 7pm News on Fridays and Saturdays.

ABC Director, News Gaven Morris said Fernandez had an impressive track record as a journalist and presenter.

“Jeremy brings solid journalism credentials to this role and we are delighted to have him in this key position,” he said. “As well being a skilled and experienced presenter, he has a natural warmth that viewers respond to, and he is a highly valued member of the ABC NEWS team.”

The appointment caps a busy year for Fernandez, with other highlights including presenting the ABC’s New Year’s Eve Broadcast, the Australian of The Year ceremony, Q&A, Lateline and the NSW 7PM News, as well as anchoring a string of major breaking news events on the ABC NEWS channel.

“It has been an eventful and enriching year for me and I’m thrilled to be launching the ABC’s late-night national bulletin in 2018,” Fernandez said.

“I’m looking forward to finding my new home on the national ABC TV schedule next year. It’s a great privilege to be welcomed into people’s loungerooms and bringing them up to date on the news that matters to them.”

Due to the time zone difference, Fernandez will not be seen in WA. The anchor of the WA 10.30pm bulletin will be announced in the new year.

10 Likes

It’s a good thing WA will have its own late night bulletin. Other networks take note.

8 Likes

I find the scheduling of a late night bulletin by ABC bizarre. ABC already have a news channel that runs news bulletins every hour live into every state. What is the point of running two news streams? Plus in Queensland (during summer) and South Australia the bulletin will be delayed while live news on ABC News channel continues.

4 Likes