ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Another new style picture that ABC Central West posted to their Facebook page:

1 Like

Syria ABC News special tonight at 7pm hosted by Leigh Sales

Tonight at 7pm on ABC & ABC iview / 7pm AEST on ABC News 24

Leigh Sales will host a one hour ABC News special tonight from 7pm with the latest details about the Trump Administration missile strikes against the Syrian regime of Bashar Al-Assad.

She’ll be joined by ABC’s chief foreign correspondent Philip Williams, political correspondent Greg Jennett with reaction from Canberra and we’ll also cross live to Matt Brown in Beirut and Zoe Daniel in Washington for the most up-to-date international developments.

1 Like

I loooooove that font. Also getting a really distinctive vibe from it, much akin to that of ABC (America) and its yellow branding circa 2000. So much yes, bring on Monday.

Also, good to see the ABC bringing out the big guns for its coverage at 7pm, will be watching.

3 Likes

Promo for the special

2 Likes

Caps

6 Likes

ABC Special bulletin started with LS then had a short local opener in Queensland with local headlines promising to return after the Syrian items.

2 Likes

I like this format. Almost like the BBC News at Six and Ten, with the local opt after the main headlines.

3 Likes

Opener from Queensland

1 Like

Interesting, in the ACT we got an entire theme tune bed. But there was nothing on the QLD bulletin.

BDA Creative, the agency who worked on the current graphics and the upcoming rebrand, has updated their website on their work with ABC News, and it gives us a strong hint blue will play a part in the rebrand, as per the images ABC News themselves sent here back in February. Interesting…

“Stay tuned for more details”, the website reads.
http://www.bdacreative.com/en/node-550fff5399815/abc-news-rebrand-2017.html

I do hope yellow also plays a part of it as well but either way, we’ve already seen heavy uses of it else where very recently, so I don’t think it’s going away anytime soon! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

http://www.jackdecaluwe.com/work/oneabc/

6 Likes

This is very impressive, but would appear to be at odds with recent updates to their sites?

1 Like

Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful. :heart:️:heart_eyes::clap: I am extremely looking forward to the future of the ABC’s branding going forward. This has to be the most major changes to the network since changing to the Metalic worm logo back in 2000 on TV, and Corporately in 2001. After sharing my discovery of ‘oneABC’ and the new look website to you guys last year, these are exciting times ahead for the ABC as a whole. Consistency and a very recogniseable identity.

3 Likes

The ABC’s about website was already updated last year, and the app uses the same elements from that: www.about.abc.net.au

As I was suspecting like the ABC App redesign announcement, I’d imagine another one will be made regarding the main ABC website shortly or after the ABC News rebrand.

Seriously, I hope Under Consideration’s Brand New identity blog picks this up!

www.underconsideration.com.au/brandnew

Edit: I meant Brand New

2 Likes

I don’t understand some of that - why are the channels named ABC1, ABC2 and ABC3? for example.

2 Likes

One would imagine that when the graphics make their On-Air debut (or shortly after), we’ll see some sort of demo reel on the BDA Creative website. Although since there’ll most likely be tonnes of caps and clips of ABC News’ new look on Monday, it’s probably a moot point anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Personally, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if yellow is the colour for the new On-Air Presentation of ABC News in “Breaking News mode” as the case is with the current/outgoing look. Well I sure hope that is the case anyway, because Australian TV certainly has more than enough news services with red “Breaking News mode” graphics.

Of course I’m sure all will be revealed on Monday in any case, but the next questions about this ABC News rebrand would have to be:

*What should we expect as far as backdrop graphics are concerned? Continued use of the Lightwell-produced city backdrop loops from 2014 or something new entirely? Obviously, I’d fully expect the story-specific and generic screen graphics to be updated to something that reflects the new look titlecards, etc.

*Who composed the theme music? The answer to this question will probably give us an extremely good idea (perhaps even too good of an idea) of what we’ll be hearing from Monday…

2 Likes

I am weak.

Tonight’s opener (Victoria) if anyone interested.

2 Likes

They could be using yellow as the main network colour, reserving blue for news?

All will be revealed this coming Monday…

2 Likes

From excitement? :yum: