ABC News Content and Appearance

Saw the Queensland one featuring Wordsworth and Van Vonderan tonight as well.

1 Like

The market. Canberra is an incredibly highly educated, high income city. The demographic favors ABC style news. Also WIN and Nine in Canberra feel incredibly hokey and small market. ABC feels large market.

1 Like

until the pollies come back when the IQ drops substantially :wink:

Late News was presented from the new NSW set last night:

7 Likes

Fantastic. Hopefully more bulletins come from here.

6 Likes

To where?

Have you noticed all the posers on instagram pose standing with legs crossed? That’d be the directive.

There are 7pm TV bulletin promos airing on ABC Brisbane radio, I gather they’re the soundtrack to a TV promo.

It’s not to my liking. ABC News should be about content not presenters. eg. NSW of old: Hendo was a star on TCN, Dibble an extremely good newsreader among suitable content on ABN

It’s odd why the ABQ bulletin rates poorly. It’s a welcome change to what used to be the most serious of the commercial bulletins, QTQ which has now been ACA’ified with Amanda running their show. BTQ is a more toned down version but lacks the ABC content.

1 Like

The 7:30 Studio

1 Like

While I agree that ABC News should focus more on the content of their bulletins rather than the presenters of them, at the same time I do think it’d be nice to see the presenters of ABC News NSW express just a little bit more of their personality on-air at the appropriate moments.

I also think the ABC should be running as much promotion for the 7pm bulletin as they can. A single update at 6pm doesn’t cut it these days when viewers of the commercial networks (particularly Seven & Nine) are bombarded with promos & updates for their news services.

Brian Henderson did express a little bit of his personality during bulletins though, particularly when things went wrong (eg, the lights out incident of 1993) and during the crosses to/from Sport. It’s a trait which I think to at least some extent, Peter Overton has picked up.

1 Like

QLD promo

4 Likes

A “Blink and you would’ve missed it!” Minor Blooper from tonight’s NSW bulletin:

While I’m at it, some HD caps of the “We’ll Take You There” Promo for ABC News NSW with Juanita & Jeremy:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if there’ll be any kind of EU Election Coverage on the ABC?

Here is the national version of the promo:

5 Likes

Interesting to see how they dealt with the breaking news of Theresa May’s resignation during the bulletin…

1 Like

Late News last night:

ACT News tonight:

8 Likes

Looks like the Late News comes out of Perth every Friday now. From last night:

5 Likes

Is the late news the only national bulletin using the new set atm?

1 Like

Yes I believe so.

I wonder if other networks will seek to screen Bob Hawkes funeral

One would imagine that the ABC would offer the feed to other networks (as they have in the past for things like ANZAC Day ceremonies) to broadcast if they wished.

Tasmania bulletin from Thursday - Budget Day:

1 Like