News Breakfast

You mean for the new Melbourne studio? So they’re moving to a new multipurpose set which is identical to the last?

Yep. New studio, same set with some minor modifications.

5 Likes

Danke

So, guessing those tweaks will be to bring it in line with the rest of ABC News’ relaunch. Hype

2 Likes

Waste of an opportunity.

2 Likes

I suppose they want to keep it all consistent.

Not exactly surprising. It’s not like the ABC can throw money at new sets left right and centre at the moment. My guess is that the most significant changes will be the state sets and ABC News 24’s set receiving updated panelling.

1 Like

I agree. Thankfully, the current ABC News sets are basic/screen-dependent enough (unlike the 2005-look sets which clashed so badly on-air with the 2010-era graphics) that they just might be able to hold up OK for another three years with only minor modifications.

Which explains why they presented from Weekend Breakfast’s set this morning.

No, they’ve been in Sydney using the 7pm set. I’m not sure why they were in 24s studio today.

1 Like

9 Likes

Looks much bigger, but not many changes.

It is identical to the old set, unless they have new lighting and images on the screens.

It is a little bit disappointing they couldn’t launch something new, to better fit the purpose HD studio.

On a positive though, the new studio I believe is almost 3 times bigger than the previous one. The large TV screen used for the weather can now be better positioned to the right of the news set.I think this is something News Breakfast has needed to help it grow as a national breakfast show.

Im sure overtime, the ABC will better utilise this studio.

1 Like

Perhaps they could put a stream of the street traffic/pedestrians outside on the screens behind the couch and desk, to emphasise the new location in the building. Give it a busy, morning rush feel…

No it won’t be. Still in SD.

The producer said it would be in HD.

It’s also addressed in this.

1 Like

Which producer? And where was that said?[quote=“EuroKick, post:188, topic:230, full:true”]
The producer said it would be in HD.
[/quote]

Skimmed through that live Facebook feed and couldn’t hear any reference to HD.

With all due respect to Michael, he wouldn’t know. The first day of broadcast on ABC HD 20 both hosts were going on and on about the show now being in HD. Which of course it wasn’t. They even managed to get a few people to tweet that it looked so much better.

Easy to fool people if you keep telling them something over and over.

Okay just heard the reference to HD. I don’t think Patrick knows! He’s not a producer BTW