News Breakfast

I mean perception as to the reason why under 55s “don’t watch it” or aren’t recorded by Oztam. Perhaps they’re all getting news on different platforms.

Those platforms are all Measured and the audiences are pretty minuscule - and abc doesn’t fare so well there either

Younger demos most likely get their news from
Social media platforms - but if you follow abc on twitter and Facebook you will see the content they post is even older skewing than their tv news

I’m under 55, usually at work by 7am therefore no time for breakfast tv so listen to local radio until then, but I watch 7pm without fail and on iView if I miss it. My wife is the same, (took some convincing) and enjoys the mix of international news as it’s usually something with some relevance to Australia even it it’s just an Australian voice reporting on a local issue from a country the commercials would need an atlas to find.

Can someone tell Nate to wear a jacket or roll down his sleeves? Looks like he is heading to his year 10 formal.

3 Likes

So much for Nate being a breath or fresh air. I watched hi
Today. It’s like this show has a way of stifling energy and making everyone / everything that appears on it boring. In 2 weeks the atmosphere of the show has managed to suck all his enthusiasm and personality away

1 Like

Ali Moore is co-hosting with Michael this morning.

1 Like

Virginia probably had a word to him, that he can’t have too much fun.

I’ve been given permission from…shall we say, “a very reliable source” to say this.

On next Monday morning’s ABC News Breakfast at 6am, it begins.

5 Likes

The new look kicks in on the new ABC News channel at 5am.

3 Likes

Fantastic timing for my TAFE holidays to start! I’ll set my alarm extra early as it starts much earlier in Perth! Exciting times ahead! :yum:

1 Like

Ali Moore back co-hosting with Michael this Friday.

1 Like

@nationalnews

3 Likes

Why does he refuse to wear a jacket? At least wear tailored pants if you’re going to do that.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not too sure about the name? Seems unpolished.

Why not just call it ‘Breakfast’?? (It Sounds better and simple)

Breakfast and Weekend Breakfast .

1 Like

I think it is a wise choice given social media etc. has referenced the program as News Brekafast for years.

Reason 1:

Reason 2:
They pride themselves on covering the ‘news’ with no cash giveaways or holiday. They are a different ‘breakfast’ show.

6 Likes

Nobody even knows this show existed…

There could still be some trademark issues that prevent the ABC using the “Breakfast” name on it’s own though.

In any case, the ABC prides itself on having a fairly straightforward, news-focused breakfast show as nationalnews pointed above. They don’t need to throw cash giveaways or weeks of OBs at their viewers, because the program is backed up by what is (probably) the most trusted news organisation in the country.

2 Likes

Who is saying they should be?