News Breakfast

What’s your source?

Let’s just see what happens on March 13. That will confirm it.

1 Like

Set designer logic - “These big windows are lovely! Hmmm, let’s make sure we put some extra solid walls along here guys”.

4 Likes

We have to remember that this is the ABC not a commercial station. Did we honestly believe News Breakfast was going to be Sunrise 2.0 with the ‘fish bowl’ studio?

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be Sunrise 2.0, just rotate the set 90-degrees so that people can see in and the cameras can see out the corner of the window in some shots.

2 Likes

The ABC and Seven are pretty much polar opposites when it comes to their entire news/current affairs departments and the breakfast shows are certainly no exception.

An incredibly shocking revelation, I know!

2 Likes

Yeah but he was comparing the ABC and Seven, and they’re polar opposites.

Today seems only slightly better than Sunrise in terms of trashiness, but they’re near identical and on the opposite end of the spectrum from Breakfast. However, a piece of adrift plywood can be more interesting than Breakfast on some days.

4 Likes

This weeks team
Michael co-hosting with Del,Paul Kennedy presenting sport from Melbourne and Kirsten Diprose presenting weather.

4 Likes

“Kicked off”? Maybe they appreciate the event.

2 Likes

So I expect no women on air come November 19 for International Men’s Day since the IWD move is all about equality of the sexes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Mary Gearin co-hosting with Del joined by Amanda Shalala with sport and Kirsten Diprose with weather tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

When there hasn’t been 45 consecutive male US presidents, maybe we’ll recognise that “equality”.

3 Likes

Oh yeah for sure, I 100% agree with you, the decision is fine from my pov but I can see how much others will want the same thing that’ll happen today.

Without getting into politics, it’s a real step forward that the biggest countries in Oceania have had female PMs in recent times.

I’ll be watching the ABC today to see how it goes.

This mornings team

3 Likes

Mary Gearin back co-hosting with Del for the last morning from the Sydney studio.

3 Likes

A tour of the new studio during rehearsals this arvo https://www.facebook.com/breakfastnews/videos/10154589469003983/

2 Likes

It really is a non event.

Can’t believe they did t update the set after all that

1 Like

Unlike it’s commercial competition, I’m pretty sure that the most important thing about ABC News Breakfast is…well, the ABC News part.

Also, the current set is only three years old and we all know that ABC News doesn’t update their news sets (and On-Air Presentation generally) for at least five or six years…

1 Like

The new studio / building cost $85 million… some
Of that could not go to upgrade what we actually see on TV?

If is the exact same product we still
See on TV and still
In SD and not even HD - then why exactly was an $85m studio needed? So midnight oil can play on news breakfast?

1 Like