ABC ME - Programs and Schedules

Classification

1 Like

With the relaunch, it seems that ABC ME has dumped the overnight promotional loop in favour of a static placeholder card with a simulcast of ABC Jazz for audio:

2 Likes

:frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

1 Like

Two shows seen on ABC 3/ME have received nominations for International Emmy Kids Awards - Doodles and Ready for This

Aussie children’s TV shows nominated for the International Emmy Kids Awards

Also nominated was Wild But True, shown on Discovery Kids

This special was quite well done, as was the whole series. Good work by the Gristmill production team again. I particularly liked how they explored the idea of whether we should even be celebrating Halloween in Australia, since we traditionally haven’t.

If they plan to do any more episodes, they better do them quickly because some of those kids are growing fast.

1 Like

They’ll just start starring in Big Lunch instead.

1 Like

Apparently one of the cast has scored a three year contract on Home & Away. Olivia Deeble is the granddaughter of Reg Gorman from The Sullivans.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/olivia-deeble-continues-the-family-business-landing-role-on-home-and-away/news-story/22aa3339989bd9d8a15d18ea56c8748b

###Little Lunch: The Nightmare Before Graduation - Christmas Special

Friday 23 December at 6:00pm

The countdown to Christmas and summer holidays is exciting every year but no more so than now, when Mrs Gonsha’s class is graduating from Grade 6. Everyone is thrilled to be going to High School, even Debra-Jo, who has been having a difficult time letting go of primary school – ‘the best years of her life’. The children are feverishly immersed in their Graduation plans, but when they uncover the explosive news that Rory is unable to graduate with them, no one is excited about leaving school any more. It’s too unthinkable to be abandoning Rory so the children enact a plan.

The Nightmare Before Graduation encapsulates the contemporary meaning and spirit of Christmas – that love, kindness and generosity can override any obstacle.

2 Likes

##abc ME launches app for smart phones in time for Aussie kids to enjoy a stellar summer line-up

ABC launches its ABC ME app for smart phones today, jam-packed with a stellar line up of shows for families to enjoy over summer, including over 56 hours of Australian content. Available from the App Store for iPhone and iPad and from Google Play for Androids devices, the free ABC ME app gives families the freedom to enjoy all their favourite programs whenever they want, wherever they are.

ABC ME summer line-up highlights include:

Little Lunch – The Nightmare Before Graduation, 6:00pm on Friday 23rd December, available on the app following TX, joining Little Lunch (series 1) and Little Lunch: The Halloween Horror Story, available on the app from 5th Dec

Mrs Gonsha’s class is graduating from grade six and everyone is excited about going to high school, but when they uncover the explosive news that Rory is unable to graduate with them, no one is eager to leave school any more.

Let’s Go – Northern Territory, Tuesdays at 6:20pm from 6th Dec, available on the app from 5th Dec

Join Grace Koh in Australia’s Northern Territory, where she will walk, eat, jump, splash and meet with the locals who call this place home. Follow her as she meets a croc, tries bush tucker and explores our nation’s beautiful Top End.

Create – ten special new Christmas episodes, available on the app from 5th Dec

Want to know how to get creative for Christmas? Just ask ME! Create presents special festive themed fun arts and craft ideas that audiences can try at home.

Cartoon It Up – six new episodes available on the app from 5th Dec

Enjoy all new episodes of Cartoon It Up in which Josiah Brooks, a.k.a Jazza, teaches audiences to draw cartoons, delivering fun how-to style tutorials.

Audiences can continue to enjoy brand new episodes of Nowhere Boys: Two Moons Rising every Friday, and can catch up on Nowhere Boys series 1 and 2, as well as the movie, Nowhere Boys: The Book of Shadows. Other Aussie favourites available on ABC ME include Ready for This (series 1); You’re Skitting Me (series 2 and 3); Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong; and Tomorrow When the War Began (series 1).

Since ABC ME’s launch in September, the app has achieved over 180,000 downloads and consistently a top-ranking app in the iTunes Charts. ABC ME recorded over 10 million program plays on iview during October – the highest month on record for ABC ME (formerly ABC3).

Rebecca Heap, Head of Programming & Digital, ABC TV, says “ABC ME is off to a very strong start and we’re thrilled with how audiences have responded to it. We’re proud to champion Australian content, as well as the best international programming, and are pleased to be rolling out ABC ME for smartphones so families can enjoy their favourite ABC programs over the summer, wherever they may be.”

As well as bringing ABC ME audiences an abundance of new programs, throughout the month of January our younger viewers can enjoy an extra half hour of ABC KIDS, with Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom and Little Lunch (series 1) playing on weekdays from 7:00pm.

ABC KIDS/ABC KIDS iview summer content highlights include:

Stick Man – Christmas special, 23rd December at 5:00pm, available on ABC KIDS iview

A half-hour animated film based on the much-loved children’s picture book written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler, creators of The Gruffalo. Stick Man tells the tale of a happy-go-lucky father’s epic journey to make it home in time for Christmas.

Giggle and Hoot – Christmas! Christmas! Christmas! 23rd, 24th & 25th of December, available on ABC KIDS iview

The Land of Giggle and Hoot is getting super Christmassy with three days of Christmas cheer. Hoot-o-Claws is on his way to join Hoot for a very special Christmas Night Watch. Legend has it that Hoot-o-Claws can’t deliver all the presents in the Land of Giggle and Hoot until everyone is tucked up in bed.

Kazoops! – brand new episodes from 9th January, available on ABC KIDS iview

Join Monty Kazoop, a spirited boy of six, with a vivid imagination, and his loyal pet pig Jimmy Jones in all new episodes of Kazoops!

1 Like

Calling the next generation of Women – 12-year-old girls need your inspiration

ABC and Screen Australia to fund ‘Girls’ season

What is it like to be a 12-year-old girl growing up in Australia today? ABC and Screen Australia have partnered on an exciting new funding program to invite the next generation of Australian female content makers to help them find out.

The ‘Girls’ season will broadcast in October 2017 around International Day of the Girl, and aims to fund up to five individuals or teams to make a stand alone TV episode that reflects and captures life of Australian girls.

The brief for each creative team is to imagine the episode is like an open letter to their 12-year-old self that explores the hopes, the dreams, the challenges, the hardships and the belly laughs that drive today’s girls. Specifically, to help the audience make sense of the broader global issues around body image, gender stereotypes, pay gaps, gender language and careers they could have in STEM subjects. How can your idea help today’s girls navigate the scary years ahead of being a teenager?

The episode can be in any form of choice - sketch comedy, martial arts genre, factual, scripted comedy or drama and must be appropriate content for 8-12-year-old audiences.

The successful applicants will be given up to $80,000 each to create an episode of approximately 20 minutes’ duration that appeals to ABC ME audiences (8-12years). The filmmakers will be mentored by experienced female producers and receive editorial guidance from ABC Commissioning Editors Libbie Doherty and Jan Stradling and Screen Australia’s Senior Development Executive Nerida Moore.

“ABC is thrilled to be partnering with Screen Australia on this tremendous proposition. It’s a career-changing opportunity for new and diverse female content makers to showcase their talent and build their development and production skills resulting in real content,” says Michael Carrington, ABC Head of Children’s and Education.

Nerida Moore, Senior Development Executive at Screen Australia said: “Although Gender Matters was a game changer for Screen Australia and the industry, we are constantly looking for new opportunities to progress towards our target of achieving gender equity in our production funding. The ‘Girls’ season was a perfect fit for this reason. It will provide talented emerging female storytellers with an avenue to create exciting new content, a significant onscreen credit, and a chance to develop a relationship with the ABC.”

The ‘Girls’ season is part of the ABC’s Corporate Plan to contribute to the diversity, quality and innovation of the Australian film and television industry as well as Screen Australia’s target to achieving gender equity.

Applications open on International Women’s Day, Wednesday March 8, and is open to females aged 18 years and older, however younger applicants will be considered. Applications close on Thursday April 13, 2017.

The ‘Girls’ season is set to premiere on ABC ME, the ABC ME app and ABC iview in October to celebrate the International Day of the Girl.

1 Like

Hasn’t that title been taken by a very adult TV show? You wouldn’t want 12 year olds mixing the two shows up.

Yes it has, there a TV Show of that on Foxtels “Showcase” channel.

###The Next Step Movie

Saturday 6 May at 7:00pm

Grab your fave snack and settle in for the best seats in the house AND a backstage pass, as The Next Step Movie takes you into the world of the incredible stage show, The Next Step.

On February 3rd, 2015, the cast of the hit stage show, The Next Step, began an 8 week, sold-out, coast to coast tour across Canada. This special goes behind the scenes and captures the members of the dance troupe as they travelled across the country from St John’s to Victoria, allowing you to get to know the real dancers behind your favourite characters

The Next Step Movie is a love letter to every fan and an insight into the sweat, laughter and hard work that went into making the tour.

The BBC reboot of Danger Mouse has been renewed for a third season. Season 2 is due to air later this year on ABC ME.

I guess there’s no other appropriate thread for this:

1 Like

Here you go Children's television - #17 by JBar :slight_smile:

I am wondering if anyone else has stumbled across ABC ME after midnight when they have had programming on but the EPG/any TV guide suggests there isn’t?
I’ve noticed it on the odd occasion previously but thought nothing of it. One night late last week they had The Next Step on, I looked at 11.58pm tonight and nothing. At midnight, one again The Next Step comes on.
Does this happen often? Why don’t they put it on the EPG?

###Ice Stars

From Monday 17 July at 4:05pm

Ice Stars is an exciting new series that unwraps the action-packed life, on and off the ice, of a group of determined young skaters based in Nottingham UK, at The National Ice Centre.

From high-octane ice hockey players to synchronized dancers and individual performers, Ice Stars follows the ups-and-downs, both on and off the ice, getting up-close, and capturing the emotions and dramas of their daily lives. The skaters may leave home at 5am to practice in the rink before school, but outside the rink they are normal young people, dealing with the same day-to-day challenges as their non-skating friends.

Whether it’s Ice Hockey or Synchro, Figure or Speed, Dance, or Jumps, this is a competitive world and the cast live and breathe ice so nothing can get in the way.

###Shaun the Sheep Movie

Sunday 23 July at 6:30pm

Shaun is a clever, mischievous sheep who lives with his flock on Mossy Bottom Farm, under the nominal supervision of The Farmer, and Bitzer, a well-meaning but ineffectual sheepdog.

Despite Shaun’s best efforts, life on the farm has gotten into a bit of a rut, so Shaun concocts a cunning plan – to have a day off.

But be careful what you wish for. Events rapidly escalate out of control and Shaun’s mischief inadvertently leads to the hapless farmer being taken away from the farm. With the flock’s help, Shaun must leave the farm for the first time and travel into the Big City to rescue The Farmer – and failure is not an option.

But how will the sheep survive? Can they avoid being recognised as sheep? And thus avoid the clutches of a fearsome animal catcher? During this action-packed adventure they experience a host of wild, funny mishaps.

And Shaun meets a little orphan dog called Slip who makes him realise that having a home and a family is not something to be taken for granted.

1 Like

###The Deep - Series 2

From Tuesday 22 August at 6:10pm

Based on the award-winning Australian graphic novels, The Deep follows the adventures of the Nekton family—a brilliant team of underwater explorers. With state-of-the-art technology and an unquenchable thirst for discovery, the Nektons explore the mysterious depths of the ocean, where most of our world lies unexplored and unexplained.

During this new series, the Nektons’ search for the lost city of Lemuria takes on new meaning. More of the colossal creatures known as Monumentials are stirring in the ocean’s depths, and only Lemuria’s secrets can stop them from waking and unleashing their destructive power on the world. Nereus is certain that the Nektons, especially Ant, are key to unlocking those secrets. With the Ephemychron leading the way, the family follow its clues to ancient Lemurian outposts across the globe. But will they unlock the mystery in time?

The urgency grows as they discover that they aren’t the only ones interested in Lemuria anymore—a mysterious young man with access to sophisticated technology is also looking for the lost city. The race is on—who will find Lemuria’s secret resting place first and harness its legendary power?

1 Like