ABC ME - Programs and Schedules

I think the ME stands for Multi-Platform Entertainment since that word was mentione in the promos

Is that the new programming for 11.30pm weeknights? :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I liked the comment someone made to me elsewhere online about how the ABC ME brand possibly caters to the younger demographic and “me, me, me” society!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s exactly what I thought when I saw the promo for the first time.

###This Is Me

From Monday 19 September daily at 6.25am

This is Me showcases young Australians sharing their thoughts about their life, friends and family with humour and energy. It features local stories that children can relate to and may learn from.

###Annedroids

From Monday 19 September daily at 3:55pm

Annedroids is a science based action-adventure series following 11-year old genius and kid-scientist Anne, who loves nothing more than doing cool experiments.
###The Deep - Series 1

From Monday 19 September daily at 5:35pm

Based on the award winning Australian graphic novels, The Deep follows the adventures of the Nekton family, a brilliant team of underwater explorers, travelling the globe in their submarine home, The Arronax.

###The Next Step - Series 3

From Monday 19 September daily at 6.25pm

When national dance champions, the A-Troupe, are faced with eviction from The Next Step Studio, the team’s future is threatened. Rival academy Elite offer to merge to create a hybrid team to take on the best in the world.

###You’re Skitting Me - Series 3

From Monday 19 September daily at 7:00pm

Edgy sketch comedy, You’re Skitting Me, returns for a third series, comprised of a combination of contemporary and random sketches featuring characters, monologues, parodies, ads and animations.

###Bear Grylls: Survival School

From Monday 19 September daily at 7:30pm

Embarking on the ultimate school trip, survival expert Bear Grylls challenges ten children from diverse backgrounds to forget their gadgets, leap off the sofa and head into the wild for an epic adventure.

An ad for Member’s Equity bank autoplayed on a news article I was reading, and after being a bit pissed off, I realised how similar their whole ‘mememememe’ rubbish sounded to the new ABC Me end tagline on their promos.

Just saw all this! I like it!

When you think of catching kids channel brands like Nickelodeon, Nick, TeenNick, Boomerang, DisneyXD etc…ABC3 sounds decidedly uncool and uncatchy.

ME at least fits in with a cooler more playful naming convention.

And yea,ABC2 now needs to go and become something else - something that reflects its slightly offbeat, more youthful approach to programing

ABC
ABC Edge / ABC X / ABC Now / ABCD
ABC ME
ABC News 24

2 Likes

The theory is kids generally go to bed at 9.30pm that’s when ABC ME closes. In reality they watch more TV or surf the net and check on social media, and they don’t sleep until 11pm.

1 Like

Fixed that for you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Realistically, I wonder how many of todays kids actually watch TV through traditional means on a regular basis? In households with decent enough internet connections (especially in the suburban areas of Australia’s capital cities), I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if YouTube and other streaming sites are much more commonly watched than traditional TV channels by the ABC3/ABC ME target demographic of 6-16 year olds for the most part.

Infact, I would go as far as saying that we probably shouldn’t be totally surprised to see channels like ABC ME and ABC KIDS become online only services within the next decade.

1 Like

This situation would be exactly like what happened with BBC Three earlier this year.

1 Like

From opening and some of presentation - short loop ran before opening (video to come)

4 Likes
3 Likes

Some of the graphics

2 Likes

According to Mediaweek, ABC ME will show the animated series based on bionic boy spy book series “Andy Roid” by bestselling author Felice Arena. SLR Productions will adapt the novels into a 26 x half-hour animated television series with support also from Australian Children’s Television Foundation.

###ABC Me - Week 39

Mon-Thurs line-up (approx, for details check guide)

5:30pm This Is Me
5:35pm The Deep Series Premiere Monday
5:55pm Prisoner Zero Series Premiere Monday
6:20pm Let’s Go!: Tasmania
6:25pm The Next Step Series Premiere Monday
6:50pm BtN Newsbreak
7:00pm You’re Skitting Me Series Premiere
7:15pm Game On
7:25pm This Is Me
7:30pm Bear Grylls: Survival School Series Premiere Monday
7:55pm Tomorrow When The War Began
8:40pm Total Drama All Stars
9:05pm Move It Mob Style
9:30pm rage
10:30pm Programs Resume At 6am

Friday - above except
8:40pm Total Drama Island
9:30pm Miraculous Tales Of Ladybug And Cat Noir
9:50pm Sword Art Online
10:15pm K-On!: Advisor!
10:40pm Programs Resume At 6am

1 Like

The new presentation elements are great, but don’t really look like they belong on a children’s tv channel. I think the abc 3 branding was better for a children’s channel.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen of the new look ABC ME so far, the presentation elements actually don’t look all that far removed from those currently used on the main channel if you ask me! Although perhaps that’s the sort of thing they’re trying to go for…

The thing with ABC3’s branding was that it actually seemed to have a timeless quality. It could well have stayed on air for another ten years (the website could have used an update, though).

This junk presentation package they’ve rolled out already looks dated as hell.

3 Likes