ABC ME - Programs and Schedules

2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest

Monday 27 November at 7.30pm

ABC ME hosts Pip Rasmussen, Tim Mathews and Grace Koh

The ABC is thrilled to announce that the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 (JESC) will be broadcast for the first time on ABC ME, Australia’s leading broadcast and online TV service for school aged children and their families.

This year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be held on Sunday 26 November at the Tbilisi Sports Palace, Georgia. ABC ME’s popular host, Grace Koh, will attend the event in Georgia and send through daily updates on the competition as the excitement unfolds. On Monday 27 November, she will be joined by Pip Rasmussen and Tim Mathews during the ABC ME broadcast at the family friendly time of 7.30pm.

Following discussions between ABC, SBS, the Australian Eurovision broadcaster, and the European Broadcasting Union, SBS gave ABC ME the opportunity to broadcast the event on the child and family audience focused channel, maximising its potential reach with ABC ME’s average weekly audience reach of over 1.7 million people. The Eurovision Song Contest will continue to be broadcast on SBS.

Following stellar performances by Australia’s Bella Paige and Alexa Curtis in the 2015 and 2016 contests respectfully, Australia will send another up-and-coming young performer to make their mark on the international stage. This performer will be announced at a later date.

David Anderson, ABC Director of Television, said: “We are delighted to be working with SBS, the European Broadcasting Union and production partner Blink TV on such an incredible event. By utilising all of ABC ME’s internal productions (News to Me, BTN, Spawn Point) and online and social platforms, the channel is able to maximise the reach of the extraordinary contest, while introducing our audience to incredible performers and cultures from across Europe, as well as encouraging them to get behind our Australian contestant.”

Marshall Heald, SBS Director of Television and Online Content, said: “The Junior Eurovision Song Contest has been growing its following among passionate Eurovision fans since SBS first broadcast the event in 2014. This is now a great opportunity to reach a youth and children’s audience not available on SBS, to encourage more young Australians to get behind our performer, embrace the fun of the contest, and the spirit of unity and learning about different cultures which Junior Eurovision inspires.”

Paul Clarke, Australia’s Head of Delegation at Eurovision and Director of Blink TV, said: "Eurovision and Junior Eurovision always showcase our Australian singers and songwriters in the most impactful way, and to a huge European audience. This is a very exciting new step in our Eurovision story and we welcome ABC ME and their viewers! We really look forward to working with ABC ME.”

The first Junior Eurovision Song Contest took place in Copenhagen in 2003 and this year’s event sees over 17 countries from across Europe send their most talented 9 to14-year-old performers to complete for the coveted title. ‘Shine Bright’ is the inspirational theme for this year’s song contest, which will give an insight into Georgian culture and celebrate the artistic potential and creative drive of the young Junior Eurovision Song Contest participants.

ABC ME, the ABC ME app and ABC iview will broadcast the JESC 2017 on Monday 27 November at 7.30pm.

Nippers

From Wednesday 6 September at 4:35pm

Screens Wednesday and Thursdays

Every weekend in summer, like thousands of other kids around Australia, the Nippers hit the surf and sand, training to be the lifesavers of the future. Just south of the Sydney’s famous Bondi Beach, meet the South Maroubra Nippers as they run, swim, paddle and rescue, all while battling nature, facing their fears and pushing themselves beyond their comfort zone.

The Nippers are a diverse group of girls and boys all with vastly different characters, skills, interests and family backgrounds. But each week they come together at the South Maroubra beach with their mates being active, skilling-up, having a go, competing and being part of a community.

Each has a different story to tell; there’s eleven-year-old Omar, recently arrived from Egypt and determined to master South Maroubra’s big waves or nine-year-old Milla who’s passion is hitting the waves on her magical green board ‘Limey’. Ten-year-old Chanelle just wants her family to stop treating her like a baby, and yet for daredevil Tyler being the smallest in his age group is not holding him back. And who can ignore the dreadlocked sprint sensation Malikye who, with his sights firmly set on Olympic glory, is chasing gold in all Nippers events this season.

Each episode follows the stories of three main characters, both on the beach – nail-biting races and dangerous rescues – and at home – sibling rivalries and parental pressure. Wrestling unfamiliar feelings, facing conflict, celebrating unwanted success and dealing with setbacks, there are many challenges to overcome. Some of the Nippers will step up, others will face setbacks, but the beach can be exciting, unpredictable and sometimes a little bit scary, just like growing up.

The series structure is shaped by the Nippers’ weekly calendar. From the opening day of the season, through to regular Nippers sessions, competition training, skills camps and inter-club carnival, the episodes steer a course towards the physical and emotional challenges of the end of season State Carnival.

This 13-part series is a vibrant, colourful collage of action, excitement and challenges driven by the emotional experiences of the Nippers, along with their friends, competitors, parents and lifesavers.

ABC IS KICKING GOALS ON INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL

#GIRLSCHANGETHEWORLD

ABC ME’s newest recruits, Mustangs FC, are leading the charge on the United Nations International Day of the Girl, Wednesday, October 11, as the ABC showcases a full day of entertaining and informative programming across TV and online that celebrates Australian girls of all cultures, abilities, ages and interests.

ABC’s #GIRLSCHANGETHEWORLD campaign shines a spotlight on Australian girls and women who have taken risks, been rewarded for their intelligence, shown leadership, and driven social change at local, national and global levels that actively promote a better world.

Girls will take control of all the ABC ME platforms across the day with a stunning line-up of programs crafted by an impressive group of highly celebrated and emerging Australian female content makers. Fresh new faces of the future are presented for the first time, with 40 young female actors between the ages of 10-16 have been cast in these new programs.

The striking line-up of programs that celebrate incredible and powerful women and girls include:
•Mustangs FC – WORLD PREMIERE at 5.00pm: a goal-kicking comedy drama about girls who abandon the sidelines and start their football club’s first all-girls team. Against the odds, they’ll stand united and overcome any challenge the club, the boys or the opposition can throw at them, all while wrestling with what it means to be a girl today.
•Girls Change the World – 4:30pm: a documentary about girls who are making a difference, big and small, creating positive change through activism
•Girls Film Season – from 6.15pm: Five films selected as part of ABC ME and Screen Australia’s joint initiative - dramas Summer’s Day and First Day and documentaries, Shame, The Funny Ones and A Field Guide to Being a 12-Year-Old Girl - explore the pivotal and challenging moments in a 12-year-old’s life.
•Advice to My 12-Year-Old Self – screening throughout the day from 7.45am: Thirty-seven of Australia’s distinguished and brightest women are supporting the campaign and offering advice to Australian girls, including the President of the Australia Human Rights Commission Gillian Triggs, Australian professional soccer striker Kyah Simon, musician Dami Im, academic and author Dr Susan Carland, Astronomy and Astrophysics Postgraduate student Karlie Noon, the Minister for Foreign Affairs The Hon Julie Bishop, and more.

In addition, ABC Children’s programs we know and love, including News To Me, Spawn Point, Play School and Giggle and Hoot all have dedicated episodes.

The ABC invites all Australians to join the campaign that Australian girls can do anything by sharing stories about the girls in their life who change the world every day in big and small ways. A User Generated Competition (UGC) has launched for school age kids to send in their videos – the winner will be announced on 11th October. We encourage Australians of all ages to get involved by posting photos and sharing their #GIRLSCHANGETHEWORLD content on social media on the 11th October.

At the heart of the ABC’s International Day of the Girl celebrations is the message that Australian girls can do anything! Join the conversation: #GIRLSCHANGETHEWORLD

Mustangs FC

From Wednesday 11 October at 1:00pm

It’s the beginning of the season for brand new all girl soccer team, Mustangs, and football tragic Marnie can’t wait to get started. But with no coach, no uniforms and no players -
can Marnie pull a team together?

Isabella Clarke selected to represent Australia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 on Monday 27 November

ABC is excited to announce that talented young singer Isabella Clarke will represent Australia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 (JESC) held on Sunday 26 November at the Tbilisi Sports Palace, Georgia.

From Victoria, Isabella is a 13-year-old singing sensation who made her debut on the Melbourne singing scene four years ago. Since then she’s received many accolades performing at various singing competitions and, at present, holds a coveted principal vocalist role in the Victorian State Schools Spectacular.

Isabella is self-confessed foodie who enjoys spending time with her family and friends and credits megastars Beyoncé and Mary J. Blige as her inspiration for singing. She loves Australian comedy television shows, knows how to laugh at herself, and is focused and determined both at school and in performing. Tipped for a bright future, Isabella hopes to join her idols and become an international recording artist. ABC and production partner Blink TV selected Isabella in consultation with leading Australian record companies.

Isabella Clarke said: “I’m so honoured to be given the opportunity to represent Australia at such an amazing event. I can’t wait to start rehearsals and film the music video! I’m also looking forward to visiting Georgia for the first time and meeting all the other performers. It’s a dream come true and I hope I do my family and Australia proud.”

“Isabella displayed all the qualities we were looking for in this year’s Australian representative,” says Michael Carrington, Head of ABC Children’s Television. “She has an incredible voice and stage presence and we believe she’ll do exceptionally well at JESC 2017. We look forward to her song debut and following her journey as she embarks on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure.”

Director of Blink TV, Paul Clarke said: “Isabella will do us all proud. She has a terrific voice and we are looking forward to her performance in Tbilisi, Georgia. With 16 countries competing it’s also a wonderful opportunity to connect with other young performers and enjoy the celebration which is the Junior Eurovision Song Contest”.

ABC and Blink TV, in consultation with professional music writers, have begun workshopping a fun and catchy song for Isabella that will enable her to shine bright on the JESC 2017 stage. The song and Isabella’s music video will be released soon.

Adding to the excitement of this year’s event, for the first time Australians will be able to vote online for their favourite JESC 2017 performer. ABC ME is calling on all Australians to get behind JESC 2017 and celebrate not only Isabella, but all of the young performers competing. Information on how to vote will be available shortly on the ABC ME website.

The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 will be broadcast on ABC ME, the ABC ME app and ABC iview on Monday 27 November at the family friendly time of 7.30pm.

1 Like

ABC unveils a stellar collection of programming for children

ABC will continue its commitment to Australian children by championing their voices and showcasing their stories through a slate of diverse and inclusive programming across its network.

On ABC ME, 2018 sees the premiere of The New Legends of Monkey. Inspired by the 16th Century Chinese fable Journey to the West, the 10-part half hour series follows a teenage girl and a trio of fallen gods on a perilous journey as they attempt to bring an end to a demonic reign of chaos and restore balance to their world.

The Award winning Nowhere Boys drama returns to production for its fourth and climactic final season. The gang return to unite to battle chaotic forces unleashed on Bremin, intent on dividing them. In another home-grown production, Grace Beside Me, we meet Fuzzy Mac, a 13-year-old girl who struggles with having one foot in the Indigenous realm of culture, Country – and spirits – and the other firmly planted in the world of a 21st century teenager.

Everyday Australian schoolkids are the stars of My Year 7 Life. Through a series of video diaries, these 10 and 11 year olds share firsthand accounts of the monumental changes impacting them as they make the transition from primary school to high school. It’s both real and relatable.

Tough life lessons are learnt early in Teenage Boss, as we follow a mix of teenagers from a myriad of different backgrounds across Australia, take control of the family finances for a month, with some surprising (or perhaps not so surprising) results.

The insightful What It’s Like series continues in 2018, providing a story-sharing platform for young people from groups who have previously been deprived of an equal space in the media landscape. It embraces diversity, inspires empathy, and encourages young marginalised voices to speak up.

Australian stories are also at the core of our preschool offering. Work is already underway for several new Australian animation series – including Bluey, a six-year-old cattle dog whose wild imagination turns ordinary moments into wild adventure; Strange Chores, a paranormal comedy about friendship and imagination; and Spongo, Fuzz and Jalapeña, three best mates in a town full of crazy contests and a friendship that breaks all the rules.

“Children are curious, they want to see their lives reflected on screen, and they want to laugh out loud. We have an incredible portfolio of new programmes lined up for them”, said Michael Carrington, Head of Children’s, ABC. “We want to showcase the lives of Australian kids and their stories on their ABC and we’re thrilled to be offering them inclusive content that is compelling, funny, and true to our distinct Australian culture.”

Australian children and families trust the ABC to consistently deliver quality programming on devices and platforms of their choosing. Australian children can enjoy even more from the ABC across a variety of platforms. With the success of the ABC KIDS iview app and the ABC ME app, with over 2.5 million downloads, the introduction of family friendly podcasts and this announcement of world class content, the ABC remains committed to this goal.

That’s good. Wasn’t sure they were going to go again.

100 Things To Do Before High School

From Wednesday 10 January at 4:55pm

With real life and teen drama awaiting her after 8th grade graduation, CJ Parker (Isabela Moner) has only a short time left to make the most of her middle school years.

Together with her two lifelong best friends Fenwick (Jaheem Toombs) and Crispo (Owen Joyner), she is determined to get the most out of this time, using an ever-expanding list of challenges as a guide. For this group, growing up means trying everything and taking chances while they still can.

From Big Time Rush and Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide creator Scott Fellows; Directed by Jonathan Judge- two-time Emmy award nominee for Nickelodeon preschool series LazyTown and Blue’s Clues.

1 Like

C21 Media reports ABC has bought the rights to season 2 and 3 of Nerds & Monsters and Camp Lakebottom from Canadian distributor 9 Story Media Group. Both shows currently air on ABC ME.

ABC Me Summer schedule dates

ABC ME BEST FEST from 8 Dec

ABC ME app and iview

My Year 12 Life: Life After The ATAR

Premiere Thursday 14 December at 7.30pm

Puss In Boots Season 1 Premiere

Friday 15 December at 5.35pm

Matilda and the Ramsay Bunch Season 3

Premiere Monday 18 December at 3.40pm

Hank Zipzer’s Christmas Catastrophe

Premiere Monday 25 December at Thursday 14 December at 5.55pm

Raising Expectations

Tuesday 26 December at 7.00pm

The Next Step Season 4 Premiere

Sunday 31 December at 6.35pm

All Hail King Julien Season 1 Premiere

Daily at 7:20am from Monday 1 January

C21 Media reports ABC Me has become the first international network to acquire the recent reboot of iconic UK children’s property Dennis the Menace, the 52-episode Dennis the Menace Unleashed.

ABC orders a new season of The Deep

DHX Media, A Stark Production and Technicolor have announced that ABC ME has ordered 13 new half-hour episodes of the global hit series The Deep, bringing the total number of episodes to 52 half-hours. Season three of The Deep will be available to Netflix members worldwide, and on DHX Media’s own Family CHRGD in Canada.

“ABC ME brings children content that they love and we are excited to be expanding that experience with a new season of The Deep – a high quality and engaging underwater adventure series like no other,” said Michael Carrington, head of ABC children’s television.

Avrill Stark, CEO, A Stark Production, and executive producer of The Deep, said: “We are extremely pleased to be announcing a third season of The Deep with our wonderful collaborators, DHX Media and Technicolor. With broadcast and streaming support from ABC, Netflix and Family CHRGD, plus some exciting licensing deals in place, we are looking forward to the continued local and international success of The Deep.”

The Deep is a co-production between Australia-based A Stark Production (scripts, design and music) and Canada-based DHX Media (animation, voices and post-production), with distribution also handled by DHX Media.

The Deep was originally optioned from Nekton Productions. The television series is based on the Aurealis Award-winning graphic novel series, “The Deep”, which was created by multi-award winning, best-selling comic book author and playwright Tom Taylor (“All-New Wolverine”, “Earth 2”, “Superior Iron Man”, “Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight”, “Injustice: Gods Among Us”, “Star Wars: Blood Ties”) and co-creator, artist James Brouwer (“Justice League Beyond”), and published by Wolfgang Bylsma and Skye Ogden’s Gestalt Comics.

Bear Grylls’ Survival School - Season 2

From Saturday 17 March at 6:20pm Double episode

In Bear Grylls’ Survival School, ten kids between the ages of 12 to 15, from a diverse range of backgrounds with their own personal stories are called on to abandon their much-loved technology and follow survival expert Bear Grylls on an epic and life changing adventure in the famous peaks of Snowdonia in Wales.

The challenges that await them will be crucial survival techniques, unusual culinary delights, speeding helicopters, huge snakes, poisonous spiders – and some of the most eye-watering stunts ever attempted by children.

The invaluable life lessons they’ll learn along the way include teamwork, perseverance and resilience. The young explorers will have to work together and put the skills they’ve learnt into practice to accomplish a challenging survival exercise in the final episodes.

ABC LAUNCHES CHINESE COLLECTION IN CELEBRATION OF LUNAR NEW YEAR!

ABC KIDS will broadcast a special curated day celebrating the Year of the Dog both on-air and on ABC KIDS iview. Programs include:

• Four premiere episodes (including a special Lunar New Year episode) of the new series Luo Bao Bei; broadcast in English and available in both Mandarin and English on ABC KIDS iview.
  • The broadcast premiere of three Asian language Play School Story Time episodes with famous Australians reading stories in Cantonese, Japanese and Mandarin;
  • Jimmy Giggle, Hoot and Giggle Bones throw a puppy party;
  • A collection of dog-themed preschool episodes including; Peppa Pig, Hey Duggee, Bing, Fireman Sam, Octonauts, and Dot.

ABC KIDS LUNAR NEW YEAR HIGHLIGHTS ON FRIDAY 16 FEBRUARY:

Luo Bao Bei

Airing at 7.25am, 7.40am, 8.35am, 5.00pm and 6.15pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview

Luo Bao Bei is a bright and spirited 7-year old girl with a vivid imagination, on a quest to understand the world around her. With her friends and some endearing animal companions by her side, she navigates the excitement of childhood with enthusiasm and curiosity, always finding adventure along the way. Kids everywhere will relate to Luo Bao Bei’s journey to learn life lessons, one story at a time.

Broadcast in English and available on ABC iview in English and Mandarin.

Play School Story Time: Languages

Airing from 2.10pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview

Asian language speaking families and families with an interest in developing Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese as a second language, will be able to enjoy watching these language versions of Play School Story Time. (These episodes are all subtitled in English and the original English versions are also available on ABC iview).
•Play School Story Time: Karen Pang - Diary of a Wombat (Cantonese) 2.10pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview

Play School favourite Karen Pang joins her Play School friends on the Story Time couch to share a delightful and entertaining peek into the life of one very busy wombat! Don’t miss Jackie French and illustrator Bruce Whatley’s Diary of a Wombat in Cantonese!

•Play School Story Time: Kumi Taguchi - Too Many Pears (Japanese) 2.20pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview

ABC News presenter Kumi Taguchi swaps the news desk for the Story Time couch to read Jackie French and illustrator, Bruce Whatley’s beloved story about Pamela the cow in Too Many Pears in Japanese!

•Play School Story Time: Adam Liaw – The Little Red Hen and the Grains of Wheat (Mandarin) 2.25pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview

Join the fun as Adam Liaw reads the classic tale of The Little Red Hen and the Grains of Wheat by author L. R. Hen and Illustrator Jago in Mandarin.

1 Like

Top Chef Jr

From Saturday 5 May at 6:25pm

Twelve of the most talented young chefs from around America kick-off the competition by putting their dreams on a plate and proving they have what it takes to be the next generation of Top Chefs.

1 Like

Mustangs FC has been sold to CBBC in the UK and Universal Kids in the US. In America it will be called Mighty Mustangs.

1 Like

Teenage Boss

From Sunday 24 June at 6.25pm

Hosted by Australia’s star mathematics teacher, Eddie Woo, Teenage Boss follows fifteen teenagers from across Australia taking control of the family finances for a month, with some surprising (or perhaps not so surprising) results.

Under Eddie’s mentorship, tough life lessons are learnt as we follow the teenagers through the ups, downs, fun and fear of the real world financial challenges their parents have to face every day - but that they’ll only be experiencing for the first time.

Provoking hilarious discussions between the teens and their families around financial priorities, the 15 Teenage Bosses learn valuable lessons about financial responsibility, planning and the art of negotiating an allowance during this observational documentary series.

2 Likes

Grace Beside Me

Daily from Sunday 8 July at 5pm

GRACE BESIDE ME is a 13 x 26-minute live action series for 8 – 12-year-olds that combines whimsy, adventure, comedy and drama. The series takes audiences on an emotional roller coaster ride, following Fuzzy, as she learns to accept her gift and understand the meaning of ‘grace’.

ABC AND SCREEN AUSTRALIA INVEST IN LOCAL STORIES FOR CHILDREN

The ABC and Screen Australia are proud to announce a slate of new children’s programs that showcase local content, creativity and talent, across drama, comedy and animation.

The additional investment delivers on the ABC’s strategy of telling engaging and entertaining Australian stories for children. The ABC’s funding of Australian children’s content grew 39% in 2017-18, supporting emerging and established Australian talent for broadcast and digital audiences.

Leading the way is The InBESTigators, a new children’s comedy by the creators of the award-winning Little Lunch. The Gristmill production takes place in an Australian detective agency run by four eleven year olds, who manage to solve one thorny school or neighbourhood mystery after another. While every episode offers a compelling puzzle to crack, at its core the show is a character comedy with heart.

Live-action comedy is at the bouncing heart of Hardball, which showcases the diversity and vibrancy of life in suburban Australia. From creators Matt Zeremes and Guy Edmonds working on their first major series production, alongside Head of Kids, Catherine Nebauer at Northern Pictures, this series features fish-out-of-water Mikey and his misfit mates Salwa and Jerry. Their goal? To make Mikey the sweetest-bestest-acest handball champ that Western Sydney’s ever seen.

Lovers of surreal, laugh-out-loud animation will give full marks to 100% Wolf, a comedy series about Freddy Lupin, an 11-year-old boy set to turn into a werewolf, just like everyone else in his family. Things don’t go as planned when Freddy turns into an adorable poodle instead! Adapted from the popular Australian children’s novel, 100% Wolf is produced by Australian animation studio Flying Bark, along with Michael Bourchier and Barbara Stephen.

The Logie-nominated Mustangs FC will hit the field again for a second series about an all-girls soccer team. Produced by Amanda Higgs and Rachel Davis for Matchbox Pictures, the stellar Australian cast returns after finally beating their biggest rivals – but the new soccer season brings new challenges.

ABC Director of Entertainment and Specialist content David Anderson said: “The ABC is committed to telling funny, engaging and innovative Australian stories for children, created by some of our finest local creatives. These new programs deliver on the ABC’s strategy of focusing on high-quality and distinctive Australian content to inform, entertain and inspire children of all ages.

“Only the ABC offers so much extraordinary and relevant content across television and digital platforms, showcasing Australia’s amazing stories, settings and talent.”

Screen Australia Head of Production Sally Caplan said: “It’s vital that young Australians are able to see their country, their stories and hear their accent reflected on the screen, so we are incredibly proud to be working with the ABC on this significant slate of children’s programs.

“The characters in The InBESTigators, Mustangs FC, 100% Wolf and Hardball are distinctive and inclusive, and tell stories that are innovative and culturally significant. We have high hopes young viewers will connect with these tales and keep enjoying Australian content as they grow up.”

COMMISSIONED PROGRAMS

The InBESTigators - in production 2018

The InBESTigators blends the comic, tonal and stylistic DNA of Little Lunch with the great tradition of whodunnit. When Ezra Banks (11, aspiring entrepreneur), meets Maudie Miller (10, aspiring Columbo), he sees an opportunity to fill an obvious gap in the market: a detective agency run by children. Maudie and Ezra are joined by two other kids from grade five, Ava and Kyle. Ava brings the social skills and Kyle brings the athletic prowess. Each episode solves a mystery; clues are littered throughout, and the race is on to see if the audience can crack the case before Maudie.
Production credits: The InBestigators is a Gristmill production for ABC TV and Netflix.Principal production investment from Screen Australia in association with ABC. Financed with support from Film Victoria.
Producers: Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope.
Commissioning Broadcasters: ABC & Netflix.
Financing Partners: Screen Australia, Film Victoria and the Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF).
Runs for: 20 x 30 minute episodes on ABC ME and the ABC ME app.
International Distribution: ACTF. The InBESTigators will debut on Netflix outside of Australia/New Zealand.

Hardball – in production 2018

Set in Western Sydney Hardball is a live action comedy series that follows fish-out-of-water Mikey and his two misfit mates, Salwa and Jerry. Their goal? Make Mikey the sweetest-bestest-acest handball champ Western Sydney’s ever seen. He’s got the most powerful strike in the world, if only he could make the ball land in the right suburb!
Production credits: A Northern Pictures production for ABC TV. Principal production investment from Screen Australia in association with ABC TV. Financed with support from Create NSW.
Creators: Matt Zeremes and Guy Edmonds.
Producers: Catherine Nebauer and Joe Weatherstone.
Financing Partners: Screen Australia, Create NSW and the Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF), Northern Pictures.
Runs for: 13 x 26 minute episodes on ABC ME and the ABC ME app.

100% Wolf - in production 2018

Freddy Lupin would be just like any other ordinary eleven-year-old boy… except he is neither ordinary nor simply ‘a boy’. He is eleven though… and also a werewolf! Or will be. On the night of his very first transformation, Freddy is set to turn into a strong and brave wolf like everyone in his family before him, but… shock horror! Freddy turns into an adorable POODLE!
Production credits: A Flying Bark production for ABC (Australia) and Super RTL (Germany) with international rights and distribution through Studio 100. Principal production investment from Screen Australia. Financed with support from Screen West and Create NSW.Producers: Michael Bourchier & Barbara Stephen.Commissioning Broadcasters: ABC and Super RTL (Germany).
Funding Partners: Screen Australia, Screenwest, and Create NSW.
Runs for: 26 x 22 minute episodes on ABC ME and the ABC ME app.

Mustangs FC Season 2 - in production 2018

Season 2 brings more complex relatable stories about real young women and their friendships, challenges and triumphs. There’s more of the Mustangs’ signature humour and heart, wrapped round stories about bullying, body image, sexuality, and the politics of moon cups, menstruation and mansplaining.
After getting to the finals last year but missing out on actually raising the trophy, the Mustangs are pumped and ready to get back in the game. Problem is – there’s a Ruby shaped hole in the team since she defected to the Wildcats, and it’s wobbling everyone. The girls don’t even know if they can win a single match without her, never mind the league cup.
Production credits: A Matchbox Productions production for ABC TV.
Principal production investment from ABC in association with Screen Australia. Financed with support from Film Victoria.
Producers: Amanda Higgs and Rachel Davis.
Financing Partners: Screen Australia, Film Victoria and NBCUniversal.
Runs for: 13 x 24 minute episodes on ABC ME and the ABC ME app.