SBS On-Air Presentation

Sponsor Billboard:

2 Likes

Video of some of the elements of the rebrand seen across Saturday.

Includes two long station ident/promos at 7:20 and a new version of the Code of Practice advice at 5:30

5 Likes

Endboard:

Lineup:

More billboards:

Classification PRG:

Classifications:

5 Likes

Brilliant package. Looks fantastic!

The classification bugs themselves look similar to Seven’s, but with the consumer advice look similar to 10’s.

More SBS stuff.

World Watch:

Idents:

Promo:

Other:

4 Likes

Warning graphic:

Lineup:

4 Likes

Here’s a 9-minute compilation of the new SBS rebrand
1 Like

I’ve just saw ‘British style’ continuity on an SBS ident, by that I mean an announcer making a comment on the current show, then saying what program’s up next, while a generic SBS ident played in the background. Been a while since I’ve seen one of those on Australian television.

2 Likes

SBS Ident

2 Likes

Screencaps of the ticker advising viewers of the Audio Description services on SBS-TV:

Rather than a pre-program Viewer Advisory graphic, SBS opted to have one over the credits:

2 Likes

So if a show has audio description, it will be on your TV by default unless you turn the function off?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the audio channel with the audio description is a secondary one, so in most cases you have to turn the function on if you want to use it.

Similar to how you have to turn Closed Captioning on if you want to use that.

3 Likes

SBS Viceland version of the end-credit Audio Description advisory.

4 Likes

Very strange decision to have the advisory at the end of the program.

1 Like

SBS does have a ticker at the start and after the first break of the program, as well as an audible sound during the former.
As for the end-credit advisory, it could be for viewers wondering why someone was talking over the quiet parts of the program or just as a way to let viewers know of the option.

1 Like

You won’t hear the audio descriptions unless you’ve enabled them via the audio settings on your TV.

Surely a full screen message with the alert tone and voiceover per the ABC is the more effective way of alerting people that the option is there. I doubt the ticker is effective, particularly if the target viewer is blind or vision impaired.

You wouldn’t put classification advisories at the end of the programs.

2 Likes

Which is starting to give me the irrits now. It takes too long to scroll through. An advisory card at the start or end would be better.

SBS Advisory at beginning of program:

Promo:

7 Likes

Covid strap upon return from break:

PRG:

3 Likes