Football⚽️

Football Australia and the newly formed Australian Professional Leagues (APL) today announced that terms have been agreed to ‘unbundle’ the A-League, Westfield W-League and Y-League (‘Professional Leagues’) from Football Australia.
In accordance with the FIFA Statutes, the Professional Leagues will operate under the umbrella of and recognised by Football Australia as the top tier of domestic league football competitions in Australia.

APL will take over the operational, commercial, and marketing control of the Professional Leagues and all revenue generation responsibilities.

1 Like

this makes no sense whatsoever… APL will still have FA influence anyway so what is the point of being ‘independent’ of FFA?

1 Like

It was one of the items identified in a governance audit of the FFA

1 Like

In much the same way the Premier League is run under the authority of the FA in England. It’s independent of, but run under their rules.

3 Likes

May as well be me who posts this:

About time. We need to find a proper owner sooner rather than later.

1 Like

As the result, this Sunday’s match between Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory has been postponed. It was to be played at Dolphin Stadium in Redcliffe, which is within the Moreton Bay council area.

1 Like

Also, this guy didn’t know how to wear pants either, half the time they were half way down his arse, and boy was it a fat, ugly, hairy arse. And we all had to see it, as he was right in the front. He was a combination between one of my old bosses and my father. :face_vomiting:

Simon Hill maybe a legend in the local football commentary stakes, but as a ground announcer he is boring as fuck. Maybe the Knights and Jets should chip in and get someone passionate and local for all events at McDonald Jones Stadium. At least he knows his stuff - last season the ground announcer called the Jets the Knights. Should’ve heard the groans - she never recovered from that.

And yes, I know. We should’ve gotten the draw. We had our chances and we blew them. Robbo and Ibini are snakes.

The ABC are fucking idiots. The Jets have already done this. Several times. Just because its those tosspots in Sky Blue and the Western Sydney Wankers should mean diddly fucking squat.

2 Likes

Dear Macarthur FC - shove your cowbells up your arse. Also, how much did you pay off the referee today? Blatant handball and you got away with it.

Piss off to Canberra and take GWS with you. We’ll have the Thunder back thanks.

The ref was lucky not to be lynched after the game.

1 Like

Why should Canberra take someone you don’t want?

1 Like

Because they should. Why do you think federal parliament is based there? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting that a Campbelltown-based A-League team will tie up with South Sydney Rabbitohs rather than with the Wests Tigers, considering that the latter has Campbelltown Stadium as their 2nd home ground, even though they don’t play much home games there compared to Leichhardt Oval.

3 Likes

Craig Deans was today appointed the new head coach of Newcastle Jets.

2 Likes

As he should be.

1 Like

This is similar to AFL clubs Geelong, Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne, all of which had dropped gambling sponsorships (and sold off all the pokies they previously owned) in the past few years.

2 Likes

So lucky I chose not to drive up to watch the annihilation tonight. Pathetic performance by the Jets. Makes the Waratahs and NSW cricket look like superstars at the moment.

Why does Melbourne Victory still exist at this point?

For once, someone else is having a shittier season than the Jets. And for it to be the Victory, it’s bloody magnificent. It’d be even better if it were $ydney FC.

1 Like

As a very at-arms-length Victory supporter, they might as well let South Melbourne take over the franchise at this stage.