A Current Affair

Or put Allison on 6pm and cancel ACA permanently.

5 Likes

Not at all.
Usher has a presence. Burrows does not.

1 Like

I wonder if ACA with Tracy will present live from the Aus Open?

TT with Matt White did at Seven (not sure about Anna Coren or Naomi Robson). We know Today will be, and presumably Today Extra. And I’d be surprised if at least Nine News Melbourne with Pete didn’t go live there too.

Oh yeah, true.

9 Likes

Is only the Christmas Day show pre-recorded or is it a whole week/fornight?

Friday 4 January -

Cameron Williams is hosting tonight.

2 Likes

There mustn’t be much happening in the world according to ACA if Cadbury Roses being changed is a story! :laughing:

7 Likes

What to, carnations?

I rarely agree with ACA but there honestly needs to be a royal commission, they took away the boxes of Hazelnut Whirls years ago leaving the only way to get them being through the Roses boxes and now they are gone from there too. A hazelnut swirl is not a hazelnut whirl.

My neighbour gave me a box for Christmas. Ended up throwing most of them out as they didn’t taste anywhere near as good as I remembered. I’m beginning to think they were a regift. ACA should do a follow up investigation into WTF happened to Quality Street chocolates.:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I haven’t opened up our Christmas box yet, I saw all the stories but didn’t worry about them until my wife told me earlier this evening. I’m too much in mourning to even try them. Any more disappointment could leave me very upset.

The removal of Strawberry Creme is a national disgrace :laughing:

2 Likes

My hot take (ACA take note) is that the major supermarkets tend to be reluctant to discount roses, but will constantly do very deep discounts on Cadbury Favourites instead. That and I think Lindt Lindor has become a more popular and appears slightly more upmarket (and is also subject to deep discounts on occasion).

1 Like

Yeah, the Lindt prices at Coles and Woolworths are sometimes the same or cheaper than the Lindt factory outlets.

The changes were made in August apparently but it’s only just been noticed because nobody really bought them before Christmas. The papers and websites have had it for a few days and then ACA picked it up from there. Ceoliacs are also not able to have them anymore whereas they used to be safe for them to eat too.

3 Likes

Promo for Monday… “shock spoodle switch”. Doesn’t look like the content is getting any better. ACA has became like the tv version of Woman’s Day.

Or Woman’s Day became the magazine version of ACA. It’s a bit like: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

2 Likes

So … apart from filling-in, what is Leila’s actual job at Nine these days?

A Current Affair will be hiatus from Jan 14, while the Australian Open is on.

1 Like