A Current Affair

To ACA’s credit, on Monday’s edition there were two quality reports, which really impressed me for the program. While Martin King’s report did feature typical chase/shove/open the car-door behaviour, I would like to see a stronger focus on these stories, as well as Grimshaw’s one-on-ones, over the trashy items.

None of the stars wanted to lower themselves?

4 Likes

Pretty sure it’s obvious she hates being on the show. She just seems to rock up and read the autocue, collect her paycheque and head home. They obviously tried to have her do more interviews so they get their money’s worth, but it seeems that has stopped.

She really just doesn’t seem interested in being there despite the show winning, she looks bored and tired and waiting for he retirement to kick in - it really shows on air.

1 Like

Given the quality of the content she has to present, who can blame her?

Kick back, read the autocue, and think of your bank account.

4 Likes

It does seem like she’s just on autopilot now.

That’s a shame, because there was a clip a couple of days ago in the TV History thread demonstrating that she has fantastic newsreading skills, in particular for breaking news and rolling coverage. Nine are absolutely wasting her on that show when she could be presenting so much more.

4 Likes

A Current Affair has been incorporating a fair bit of Breaking News coverage for major events in recent times (probably in part because there’s been so many major news events in recent times!) but yeah, I agree that Nine aren’t really using Tracy Grimshaw’s talents to her best potential.

Once Trace calls it a day, I personally think Leila McKinnon will most likely become the main presenter of the show. Even though Cameron Williams and others like Deborah Knight have been used as fill-ins before, I don’t really think they’re the best fit for a program like ACA.

4 Likes

This one?

2 Likes

I hope that once Tracy calls it a day the show will go down in dumps…

4 Likes

I think this sort of story should be left where it belongs - on Nine News Brisbane :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Or on a morning show with other infomercials?

2 Likes

Or at 3am where infomercials truly belong?

4 Likes

Tom Steinfort is hosting tonight.

8 Likes

Of course, Tom has a bit of history with ACA previously being a reporter for the program before moving to news!

4 Likes

The set looks so much better in that Tom pic.

6 Likes

Laura Turner who ended her nearly 2 year stint as Nine’s US Correspondent in May has been doing some reporting for ACA from Melbourne since her return home.

Wasted talent. Should be on the news in Melbourne.

5 Likes

“The matter has been adjourned until the 5th of September,” Mr Macedone told reporters, as Mr McCormack stood nearby.

It will be interesting to see if any of Ben’s former ACA colleagues were part of the media throng doorstopping him for a comment…

Dan Nolan was there.

Just saw an odd looking “Sale Of The Century” style promo for ACA, something about a TV game show host (don’t know who) caught up in a bitter dispute about money (I think).

It had a Pete Smith style voiceover.

2 Likes