A Current Affair

A right royal stuff up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ACA’s Queen blooper: How Tracy Grimshaw royally stuffed up
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/acas-queen-blooper-how-tracy-grimshaw-royally-stuffed-up/news-story/614d805d554bc91344559210ba662727

1 Like

What ever happened to playing the ACA theme before we cut to Tracy’s welcome? The ACA logo and accompanying ‘swoosh’ followed by one of the TV promos tacked on as an opener just feels cheap.

If they could go back to what they did in 2013, with the opening theme then Tracy’s welcome, it would come together better. Versions of that theme have been in use since the 90s.

2013:

2016:

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that for a while, ACA just opened with the swoosh followed by Tracy’s welcome.

Personally I think the whole On-Air Presentation of A Current Affair is a little on the cheap side, but it does match the content! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s to the best of my knowledge that the ACA theme music dates back to the 1980s and was actually used for (Michael) Willesee before the A Current Affair brand was officially revived in 1988.

Of course there have been a few updates over the years, but the main theme that ACA uses currently dates back to about 2003 or 2004 and has been in continual use ever since, aside from a short lived replacement theme from 2005 which only lasted a few months (although has sporadically been reused as a headline/Coming Up bed in more recent history).

3 Likes

This is the first episode of the revived ACA with Jana. I also have a 1970s opener to the previous ACA (not uploaded) with an older but still recognisable version of the theme.

1970s

Also remembered with this special opening last year.

6 Likes

I reckon they’ve quietly sacked the A Current Affair dancer somehwere along the line. Here she is when she was working with Ray Martin.

10 Likes

Grant Williams, ACA executive producer, had a potential exclusive back in January when former Nine and Seven journalist Steve Barrett told him about an alleged tax rort involving the son of an ATO commissioner. Barrett was in Williams office again yesterday talking about the arrests over the alleged tax rort. It was only after Barrett left Williams office that it became apparent that Barrett was being accused by the AFP of attempting to blackmail the alleged rorters.

1 Like

Cameron Williams is hosting tonight

3 Likes

The Corby sisters have been trying to sell the story. ACA said no. News alleges that Corby was asking for $400,000 for an exclusive but all media outlets declined.

[quote]Nine’s A Current Affair was reportedly approached by Corby’s sister Mercedes canvas interest in a deal two weeks ago but the network declined the meeting.

Grant Williams, Nine’s deputy director of news and current affairs said the Commonwealth proceeds of crime act trick-wired any TV contract.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-execs-too-spooked-to-sign-schapelle-corby-for-homecoming-tellall/news-story/f554928825bf8b4783ff861720506269[/quote]

Sorry if this sounds repetitive, but before Nine News was extended to one hour, what was Nine airing at 7pm before ACA moved there?

1 Like

Two and a Half Men

1 Like

Same as what now airs at 7:30pm for the most part, everything just got shunted back half an hour.

2 Likes

I think repeats of The Big Bang Theory also aired on Nine at 7pm for a little while (after Two and a Half Men) but eddel is right. Immediately before the move to hour long news, primetime programing started on Nine at 7pm: Hence the “7 O’Block” tagline that was running for a while.

On these nights, NBN in Northern NSW/Gold Coast (which had a long established lineup of hour long news + ACA at 7pm) delayed Nine’s primetime programing by half an hour whenever sporting commitments didn’t get in the way although occasionally there would have to be a special half hour bulletin to accommodate for ACA, the 7pm program and the football like this example from March 2013.

2 Likes

Deb Knight is hosting tonight.

5 Likes

Hilarious.

1 Like

Can someone please tell me, at what point in time did Tracy Grimshaw become so hated?

The amount of disgusting commentary, trolling, etc. online over a number of years towards and about her is beyond belief.

Is it seriously just because she hosts a public affairs program, that does focus on trashy / low socio-economic communities a lot? :confused:

She’s the public face of a program that engages in gutter journalism as its bread and butter. I’m sure that if she was still hosting Today, she wouldn’t be getting abused online.

15 Likes

Agree.

I’m sure anyone still hosting this kind of garbage would cop an avalanche of hate today. Even Peter Overton, Georgie Gardner or Deborah Knight would be under fire if they were hosting instead.

It’s no secret that I absolutely despise the “journalism” from programs like A Current Affair.

However, I still think that Tracy Grimshaw is a good presenter & interviewer.

Karl Stefanovic would probably disagree…

3 Likes

What ever happened to ACA doing more interviews?

Tracey is after all Number One

3 Likes